cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air compressor?

bigtime_077
Explorer
Explorer
This may be a dumb question but I am seriously wondering how many times a scenario like this has happened to any of you. I have been camping now for a while and just bought a new travel trailer. I am starting to get some other items around for it that I feel are must have but don't want to haul too much uneeded items.

My question is about taking an air compressor with you not for inflating pool toys and such but in the event that you would need to add air to the TV tires or TT tires. How often is this a likely event? If you blow a tire out no air compressor is gonna help you there so I don't know if I really see a side of the road scenario unless the spare tire is low. I was thinking more along the lines of at the campground you check air pressure it is low so do you have a compressor to add or just get it to a gas station with air? Or how about you get a nail in a tire, pull it out, plug it, and then need to air it up.

Anyway I have a smaller 120v air compressor but it weighs 35-40 lbs so I was thinking of a 30 amp 12v compressor that uses aligator clips to attach to battery posts.

I guess I am looking for opinions as to whether this is even something to look into or am I just throwing out wild scenarios

Thanks
30 REPLIES 30

danager
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased one of the small ones, no tank and runs through the cigarette lighter or direct to the battery. It is worthless for tires. Took me 40 minutes to air up a tire on the truck. It is great for the inflatable toys, which is all I use it for now.