cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Am I the only one????

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Am I the only one who reaches for the non existent foot lever to flush the toilet at home after a weekend at camp???
15 REPLIES 15

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Every night our little Pug has to go for his pee walk pretty late when everyone in the neighborhood is down for the night. Of course it's totally dark and no one can see us so we use the same tree sometimes. DW does NOT know this little secret just between me and the canine!! :B

JayWalker2009
Explorer
Explorer
bertnspike wrote:
No, but after a few days of using only my iPad I end up poking my iMac screen and wondering why it's not responding....

Now THIS, I have done. lol Not on my mac but on my PC screen. Or when on iPad after using the PC for a week solid I instinctively look for a mouse for a brief second on occasion.

KFS
Explorer
Explorer
Had to laugh at the rearview mirror habit. I do that and laugh "yep. Still the looming front of our Fifth Wheel."

I guess it's when I look back there and DON'T see it that I need to worry. ๐Ÿ˜„

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the lol tonight ...
maybe it is because we are full-timers and can relate to all those "habits" we have developed as full-timers ... sometimes forget that most doors have door knobs instead of a "handle". But always have to stop and take a pause before flushing toilets in restaurants, homes, etc. I thought it was just because we are 'old' .. now I know it isn't !

Only when I am in the shower do I wish we were in a house-type dwelling !
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

bertnspike
Explorer
Explorer
No, but after a few days of using only my iPad I end up poking my iMac screen and wondering why it's not responding....

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm more likely to reach behind myself to push the non-existent flush handle on the non-existent tank ๐Ÿ™‚
Note to Yaj: More ammunition. Switch to those 16 oz. cans of beer.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
crickeydog wrote:
Nope. After a camping trip, I'm constantly walking out in the back yard to pee behind a tree.

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!:)

X2, But I write my wife's name in the dirt, with a heart around it, a arrow through the heart and if there is some writing fluid left I add my name and the word forever! :B

salem
Explorer
Explorer
No, but I do glance in my rearview mirror about a thousand times when I'm pulling the 5th wheel. (like I'm going to see something other than the front of my rig) Habit I guess.:)

raston
Explorer
Explorer
LOL... did exactly that this morning (having just finished a 3 week vacation in the 5'ver).:D

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've done it often enough when we're at our cottage, that we're thinking of replacing the standard flush toilet with an RV toilet that matches the one in the coach! :B
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't had an RV in over a year and STILL do it!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RV'er if ...
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

PegLW
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! After we're on the road for 3 or 4 months, we have all kinds of RV habits that are hard to break! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dave and Peggy
2012 Open Range 345RLS
2015 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L turbo

Fish__n___Grits
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have that problem, but sometime I try to slide off the end of the bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. And I have banged into the wall trying to get off the side of the bed in the truck camper for the same reason.
Billy & Dale
'99 F350 DRW Superduty
'02 Lance 1161
Salli the "Schnoodle"