Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amusing article on newbie flubs

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Campers are Great, But (Gasp!) You Really Should Rent an RV
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
5 REPLIES 5

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
****_B wrote:
I have my own list of flubs and even after 13 season continue to make them. Maybe it's senility. It used to be I'd forget to hook up the cable to the truck but my wife would catch that when she checks the taillights before heading out.
Now is that I forget to remove the chocks prior to moving the rig so I can remove the wood under the tires.

Flubs are by no means the exclusive domain of the new kids!

We have a laminated check list used with a dry erase marker EVERY time we arrive and leave. Even after 15 years fulltime we still (rarely) catch something we missed.
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
Try it in a F350 pulling a 30ft 5th wheel with your husband as your co pilot & coach

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have my own list of flubs and even after 13 season continue to make them. Maybe it's senility. It used to be I'd forget to hook up the cable to the truck but my wife would catch that when she checks the taillights before heading out.
Now is that I forget to remove the chocks prior to moving the rig so I can remove the wood under the tires.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Campers are Great, But (Gasp!) You Really Should Rent an RV
. That was a refreshing breath of fresh air. Short and to the point(s). Thank you for sharing.
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!