cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And Texas Caves In

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The last bastion of sanity has jumped on the "stay at home" bandwagon. They just sent me an email that they have closed all state parks to save the 1% who may die from the dreaded super virus. Texas was once a great state.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
767 REPLIES 767

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"If it's someone's time to go, I can't save them. Some people simply will die from this virus, like it or not. Everyone dies eventually, like it or not. However, the people who are most susceptible are still free to stay away from the rest of us (self-isolate) as we resume our own survival tasks."

Since the Michigan rallies, Iโ€™m all for this because it looks like support for this mainly comes from a particular political bent, and if they want to race for the exit, have at it!
We can only hope....

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"If it's someone's time to go, I can't save them. Some people simply will die from this virus, like it or not. Everyone dies eventually, like it or not. However, the people who are most susceptible are still free to stay away from the rest of us (self-isolate) as we resume our own survival tasks."

Since the Michigan rallies, Iโ€™m all for this because it looks like support for this mainly comes from a particular political bent, and if they want to race for the exit, have at it!
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

YER MEAN ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
759,134 cases; 40,265 dead. in how many months? in what 2 or 3 months is the rate of the flu???
I am tired of people pulling the flu out for comparisons.
Yogi said "It ain't over till it's over" If you don't believe that put on a red hat and go play outside like there is no tomorrow and many will be right .... there will be no tomorrow.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be โ€˜exterminatedโ€™ if lockdowns were lifted

Good read. And from an epidemiologist too.
This guy's credentials don't compare favorably with Drs Fauci and Birx, FWIW. Those epidemiologists actually working on the pandemic have made it clear there is no evidence at this point to support the hopes of herd immunity. Also that's a crackpot website that makes no secret of it's bias. Let's check back in a couple of months and see which of the "experts" knew what they were talking about. My money's on Fauci and Birx.

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
TechWriter wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

New study by Stanford scientist says coronavirus no more deadly than common flu.

There are those pesky scientists again.

Exactly! Time to get those COVID-19 slackers out of the ICUs.

Yeah, if all the volunteers were recruited from AARP instead of Facebook, the results would be significantly different....
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

New study by Stanford scientist says coronavirus no more deadly than common flu.

There are those pesky scientists again.

Exactly! Time to get those COVID-19 slackers out of the ICUs.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
cptqueeg wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
cptqueeg wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be โ€˜exterminatedโ€™ if lockdowns were lifted

The interview was done on 4/1/20 and his "numbers" are way low compared to our actual reality on 4/19/20. And he has the audacity to call his "numbers" science as well as comparing someone in a position of authority that has to prepare the federal govt for reality to somebody with no actual responsibility except to promote himself.

How long have you been an epidemiologist? I think I will trust an Epidemiologists opinion over an RV.neter's opinion. But that's just my opinion. :B

If you read the interview you wouldn't need to rely on my opinion. The facts 18 days after the interview don't resemble what he predicted. In other words he's already been proven wrong.

There are those pesky scientists again. From Stanford university now.

Dr. Loannidis wrote:
The conclusions of the study were expressed by Ioannidis in a recent interview:

If you compare the numbers that we estimate to have been infected, which vary from 48,000 to 81,000 versus the number of documented cases that would correspond to the same time horizon, around April 1st, when we had 956 cases documented in Santa Clara County, we realize that the number of infected people is somewhere between 50 and 85 times more compared to what we thought, compared to what had been documented. Immediately that means the infection fatality rate, the chance of dying, the probably of dying if you are infected diminishes by 50 to 85 fold because the denominator in the calculation becomes 50 to 85 fold bigger. Our data suggests that COVID-19 has an infection fatality rate that is in the same ball park as seasonal influenza. It suggests that even though this is a very serious problem, we should not fear. It suggests that we have solid ground to have optimism about the possibility of eventually re-opening our society and gaining back our livesโ€ฆSooner rather than later with full control and a data driven approach.

I read the study through a reputable source, Nature:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01095-0

Letโ€™s look at the problems with the study:
- #1 problem: Not peer-reviewed science
- 3300 volunteers were recruited through Facebook; 50 had antibodies.
Small sample sets can represent a large population if they are a well-designed random sample; recruiting volunteers through Facebook is not a true random sample.
- that sample set is supposed to extrapolate to cover a population in the local area of 2 milllion people
- that sample set is supposed to cover the entire country where other areas of the country have more health issues such as obesity
- What is the false positive rate of the antibody test. That can significantly skew results.

I would not accept any results until they have passed a peer review process.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
"Everybody" knows that what they are calling a virus is actually a result of the radiation from the new 5G towers. Check out the hotspot locations if you don't believe me. New York for starters.

For you denial folks, look up "exponential" as you expose you family friends and neighbors to Covid-19. Ten give it to one hundred, one hundred expose a thousand.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
wilber1 wrote:
rexlion wrote:
AJR wrote:
I do not like the thought of me being a "Domino". I would like to see my 78th birthday.

Is there something wrong with that?
Not at all. You may choose to take all the precautions you deem advisable. On the other hand, some folks don't think they're likely to become a "domino" and they should have the right to choose accordingly as well.

US mortality so far stands at 10.1 per 100,000 people (population), or about 1/100 of one percent. All the other noteworthy countries have a far higher mortality at this point (except, allegedly, China... their numbers are so low as to be not credible). Even if Covid-19 eventually were to kill ten times as many Americans as it has so far, the mortality would still be just 0.1% or 1 person out of 1,000.

As far as our Covid mortality percentage being so much lower than Spain, Italy, UK, etc, some might say it's because of our great health care system or our fast response, but I attribute it to the grace of God and prayer.

You realize that even with the most of of the country under restrictions, this thing has already killed more Americans in a month than traffic accidents do in a year. This is a highly infectious disease, you aren't just gambling with your own life.
If it's someone's time to go, I can't save them. Some people simply will die from this virus, like it or not. Everyone dies eventually, like it or not. However, the people who are most susceptible are still free to stay away from the rest of us (self-isolate) as we resume our own survival tasks.

I can't stay off the highway simply because my presence there *might* result in someone's death. I shouldn't be made to feel guilty about driving due to that possibility, either. Nor should I be expected to feel guilty about the possibility that my presence in the workplace or my trip to Walmart *might* have unforeseen consequences in someone else's life.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
And here we go cluttering up a good forum with FACTS. Everyone reading this forum knows there in no creditworthiness in any of these posts. Just a bunch of hillbilles bumping their gums. :S

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
cptqueeg wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
cptqueeg wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

The interview was done on 4/1/20 and his "numbers" are way low compared to our actual reality on 4/19/20. And he has the audacity to call his "numbers" science as well as comparing someone in a position of authority that has to prepare the federal govt for reality to somebody with no actual responsibility except to promote himself.

How long have you been an epidemiologist? I think I will trust an Epidemiologists opinion over an RV.neter's opinion. But that's just my opinion. :B

If you read the interview you wouldn't need to rely on my opinion. The facts 18 days after the interview don't resemble what he predicted. In other words he's already been proven wrong.

There are those pesky scientists again. From Stanford university now.

Dr. Loannidis wrote:
The conclusions of the study were expressed by Ioannidis in a recent interview:

If you compare the numbers that we estimate to have been infected, which vary from 48,000 to 81,000 versus the number of documented cases that would correspond to the same time horizon, around April 1st, when we had 956 cases documented in Santa Clara County, we realize that the number of infected people is somewhere between 50 and 85 times more compared to what we thought, compared to what had been documented. Immediately that means the infection fatality rate, the chance of dying, the probably of dying if you are infected diminishes by 50 to 85 fold because the denominator in the calculation becomes 50 to 85 fold bigger. Our data suggests that COVID-19 has an infection fatality rate that is in the same ball park as seasonal influenza. It suggests that even though this is a very serious problem, we should not fear. It suggests that we have solid ground to have optimism about the possibility of eventually re-opening our society and gaining back our livesโ€ฆSooner rather than later with full control and a data driven approach.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Yes poanotuna, there are links to wacko's all over the net. I didn't give you any wacko links. The links I gave you are from epidemologists. You know, the guys that make vaccines that cure viruses. You know, those really smart people that make vaccines that cured diseases like polio and help us with vaccines like the common flu.

No pianotuna, you see, I follow science. You know epidemologists. Did you see what they said on the links I gave you? These links show science from epidemologists and not opinions like yours or mine.

Stop giving your opinion and go on and read what real scientists have to say about this virus.

The difference between you and me is I give links to real Dr's and scientists for the people on this forum to read and listen to. You give your opinions to people on this forum.

The people on this forum have a choice. They can read and listen to the links I gave (scientists and epidemologists) and think they are correct. Or they can listen to you; some guy on RV.net giving your opinion and think you are correct and the epidemologists are wrong.

(Tapping fingers on desk)..........I know who I'm listening to!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
cptqueeg wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Why not go "whole hog" and quote from an anti vaxxer, Turtle n Peeps?

He is an epidemiologist pianotuna. How long have you had your PHD pianotuna? Been an epidemiologist long pianotuna?

Don't believe him? Fine. Here is another epidemologist/dr that did a study on infection rates in Santa Clara county Ca.
The numbers are starting to add up when these new antibody tests come out.

Pianotuna, read this and see what more several California epidemiologists are saying about the California heard.

You know those pesky epidemiologist pianotuna. Ya, the ones that study diseases all their lives but never know what they are talking about. How many books or articles have you published pianotuna? I would love to read them!

Here are the latest "pesky" stats.

759,134 cases; 40,265 dead.

I think you mean "herd" not "heard"

One can find links to show the moon is made of green cheese, too. And by the way, all the Apollo landings were fake.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.