cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And Texas Caves In

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The last bastion of sanity has jumped on the "stay at home" bandwagon. They just sent me an email that they have closed all state parks to save the 1% who may die from the dreaded super virus. Texas was once a great state.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
767 REPLIES 767

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
goducks10 wrote:
Cause and effect.
Cause and effect is a relationship between events or things, where one is the result of the other or others.

Here's a better one:

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
JIMNLIN wrote:
Yeah..one has to wonder when these types will wake up to that fact.

We have the the me generation and now the its my rights generation that can't comprehend how their choosing to gamble life style affects us all.
Per CDC.... 3-7-'20 there were 20 COVID-19 deaths.
4-19-'20 there has been 40000 COVID-19 deaths in the USA.

If the dead had a wish it would probably be I wish I had stayed home....or I wish others had just stayed home.
How many Covid 19 deaths would have been discovered if there had been lots of tests available to all parts of the country? How many tests did they do on 2-7-'20? That's just not a meaningful statistic. Who know how many people would have tested positive in November/December, now that they're saying it could have been around back in September. How many deaths were blamed on the seasonal flu when, in fact, it was something else? Or vice versa?

Oh lordy... now its all a big conspiracy.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Cause and effect.
Cause and effect is a relationship between events or things, where one is the result of the other or others.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Why not go "whole hog" and quote from an anti vaxxer, Turtle n Peeps?

He is an epidemiologist pianotuna. How long have you had your PHD pianotuna? Been an epidemiologist long pianotuna?

Don't believe him? Fine. Here is another epidemologist/dr that did a study on infection rates in Santa Clara county Ca.
The numbers are starting to add up when these new antibody tests come out.

Pianotuna, read this and see what more several California epidemiologists are saying about the California heard.

You know those pesky epidemiologist pianotuna. Ya, the ones that study diseases all their lives but never know what they are talking about. How many books or articles have you published pianotuna? I would love to read them!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
cptqueeg wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be โ€˜exterminatedโ€™ if lockdowns were lifted

Good read. And from an epidemiologist too.

The interview was done on 4/1/20 and his "numbers" are way low compared to our actual reality on 4/19/20. And he has the audacity to call his "numbers" science as well as comparing someone in a position of authority that has to prepare the federal govt for reality to somebody with no actual responsibility except to promote himself.

How long have you been an epidemiologist? I think I will trust an Epidemiologists opinion over an RV.neter's opinion. But that's just my opinion. :B

Why not go "whole hog" and quote from an anti vaxxer, Turtle n Peeps?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
bid_time wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

Simple as that as those are the ones actually dying.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.
There are thousands more not dieing in nursing homes.

More denial. Let's face a few realities There is a virus issue with nursing homes nationwide and let's not sweep everything under the rug. Tell those families that lost a loved one to look on the bright side thousands more did not die you were just unlucky! Good Grief!
Inside nursing homes, coronavirus brings isolation and 7,300 deaths

Maybe we should ban politicians that have no reason to be around nursing homes to stay away. Especially those not wearing PPE.

Maybe that will save more lives?

If my mom lived in that nursing home and I saw him do this; security would have to do their job.

outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Lantley wrote:

More denial. Let's face a few realities There is a virus issue with nursing homes nationwide and let's not sweep everything under the rug. Tell those families that lost a loved one to look on the bright side thousands more did not die you were just unlucky! Good Grief!

Do you not understand that the old and unhealthy are more likely to die from any virus, not just COVID-19? So should we shut down society every flu season? If it will save just one life then we should do it, right?

Good Grief to you!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
bid_time wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

Simple as that as those are the ones actually dying.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.
There are thousands more not dieing in nursing homes.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
wilber1 wrote:

You realize that even with the most of of the country under restrictions, this thing has already killed more Americans in a month than traffic accidents do in a year. This is a highly infectious disease, you aren't just gambling with your own life.

You are gambling with other lives, too, you just don't see it or you don't care about them. I care about all the lives and we need a more balanced approach.

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
This Epidemiologist says the pandemic is just getting started....

The coronavirus pandemic is not even close to being over, an associate professor of epidemiology and infectious diseases at Harvard cautioned in a new editorial published by The Guardian this week.

โ€œThe pandemic is only just getting started,โ€ said Hanage, who explained why โ€œtalk of the โ€˜peakโ€™โ€ of the spread of the contagion โ€œcan be misleadingโ€ as โ€œitโ€™s not clear whether you are talking about the Matterhorn or Table Mountain โ€” both have a summit, but the peak is far more pronounced in one than the other.โ€

Hanage also warned โ€œthere may be a mountain range.โ€

โ€œIn other words, what is happening right now could be just one peak โ€” not the peak.โ€ he said. โ€œAnd the reason for this is that despite all those positive signs from antibody testing, the huge majority of the population is not immune.โ€

"Where I live, in Cambridge Massachusetts, I keep hearing sirens. This crisis is not close to over, quite the reverse. The pandemic is only just getting started.

โ€ข Dr William Hanage is a professor of the evolution and epidemiology of infectious disease at Harvard"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/16/number-coronavirus-pandemic
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
cptqueeg wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be โ€˜exterminatedโ€™ if lockdowns were lifted

The interview was done on 4/1/20 and his "numbers" are way low compared to our actual reality on 4/19/20. And he has the audacity to call his "numbers" science as well as comparing someone in a position of authority that has to prepare the federal govt for reality to somebody with no actual responsibility except to promote himself.

How long have you been an epidemiologist? I think I will trust an Epidemiologists opinion over an RV.neter's opinion. But that's just my opinion. :B

outside the fire"

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
ExxWhy wrote:
UV might not be so good for the patrons.
I believe the UV is within the air ducting. You will never see it.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
JIMNLIN wrote:
Yeah..one has to wonder when these types will wake up to that fact.

We have the the me generation and now the its my rights generation that can't comprehend how their choosing to gamble life style affects us all.
Per CDC.... 3-7-'20 there were 20 COVID-19 deaths.
4-19-'20 there has been 40000 COVID-19 deaths in the USA.

If the dead had a wish it would probably be I wish I had stayed home....or I wish others had just stayed home.
How many Covid 19 deaths would have been discovered if there had been lots of tests available to all parts of the country? How many tests did they do on 2-7-'20? That's just not a meaningful statistic. Who know how many people would have tested positive in November/December, now that they're saying it could have been around back in September. How many deaths were blamed on the seasonal flu when, in fact, it was something else? Or vice versa?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any idea how many would die without social distancing and things running wide open like it's 1999?

I suppose the solution to have balance lies somewhere between Wuhan and Sweden modeling.