cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And Texas Caves In

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The last bastion of sanity has jumped on the "stay at home" bandwagon. They just sent me an email that they have closed all state parks to save the 1% who may die from the dreaded super virus. Texas was once a great state.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
767 REPLIES 767

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
tomman58 wrote:
There are no credible doctors or scientists that think the reopening of the sates is a prudent idea . The idea that you go back to "normal" is truly idiotic.

Although people are pissed about the hunkering down most will listen to logic and those that won't will join the statistics.

Doctors to put it bluntly donโ€™t give a sh!t if you have a job.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ExxWhy
Explorer
Explorer
Do you still believe these models that have never been right?

Some of you talk about the small outbreak at the Smithfield plant like it was the State Fair where the Governor personally shook hands with every attendee. Smithfield processes meat. No biggy if you are a vegetarian. Generally considered an important operation to the rest of us, even perhaps "essential".

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
shelbyfv wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Good news it's April and the virus should be forgotten about.
It was over by Easter, right? I don't know why we are still screwing around at home two weeks later. Let's get out and paarr-teee!!!

I will guess you are trying to be a S A and that's fine. Fact is there were several States ready to roll on Easter.

Which ones?

For one South dakota.

"The New York Times reports that, as of 2 April, a small group of states โ€“ Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota โ€“ had no known lockdown orders in place. All of these states have Republican gove?rnors".

All the states you list have peak death rates well after my Dem state. We hit peak death today.
Your red states are lagging behind.

Arkansa peak death in 14 days
Iowa---- 19 day
Nebraska-- 13 days
ND ----17 days
SD-----22 days

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

How were they ready to roll on Easter when they're still not peaked yet?

There are no credible doctors or scientists that think the reopening of the sates is a prudent idea . The idea that you go back to "normal" is truly idiotic.

Although people are pissed about the hunkering down most will listen to logic and those that won't will join the statistics.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
shelbyfv wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
It was over by Easter, right? I don't know why we are still screwing around at home two weeks later. Let's get out and paarr-teee!!!

I will guess you are trying to be a S A and that's fine. Fact is there were several States ready to roll on Easter.

Which ones?

For one South dakota.

"The New York Times reports that, as of 2 April, a small group of states โ€“ Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota โ€“ had no known lockdown orders in place. All of these states have Republican gove?rnors".

All the states you list have peak death rates well after my Dem state. We hit peak death today.
Your red states are lagging behind.

Arkansa peak death in 14 days
Iowa---- 19 day
Nebraska-- 13 days
ND ----17 days
SD-----22 days

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

How were they ready to roll on Easter when they're still not peaked yet?

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
shelbyfv wrote:
Smithfield....

x2

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Peak in April does not fit that CDC chart very well.

It won't

The biggest reason is this:
Incubation period for SF was 5 days.
Incubation period for CV19 is 21 days.

So if you get CV19 at the end of march you won't get symptoms until late April and almost early May.

Now if you hang on 2 to 3 weeks before you die we are almost into June.

With SF this happened a lot quicker.

That still does not negate that "I" think this stuff will go waaaaaay down in June on out.

Time will tell. :W
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
1968mooney wrote:
The sick will die and the healthy will live. See you in the hereafter.
:?

Ainโ€™t it funny (or sad) that thatโ€™s how life works!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
DallasSteve wrote:

Straw man argument alert!
The planet will be livable for healthy people even if we never shut down. COVID-19 is not a great risk to healthy people.

Yes, COVID-19 will not kill the planet. But that is not to say human life on the planet is not at risk from other dangers. Many people have trouble getting enough clean water to drink. Wash hands?

I'l answer your question: It's not better to give money to corporations and I support letting them fail.

But a large percentage of the population support tax breaks for rich and corporations. But if somebody says "Maybe we should make the corp. give their workers a raise if they want the break" that is bad. And to say the Gov should give the money direct to workers, its hair on fire batsnot crazy time.

A question for you: Is it better for this country to shut down gyms to try to stop the virus which will make healthy people unhealthy to try to give a few more months of life to the unhealthy?

Not sure a gym is a requirement for healthy life.

I won't vote for that plan.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Changing attitude in NE
LINCOLN โ€“ Today, Governor Pete Ricketts proclaimed April 10-30, 2020 as โ€œ21 Days to Stay Home and Stay Healthy in Nebraskaโ€ during his daily press briefing on the Stateโ€™s response to the ongoing pandemic. Infectious disease experts project that the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak will be at or near its peak in Nebraska by the end of April. For the next three weeks, the Governor is urging Nebraskans to avoid non-essential errands and to limit social gatherings in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus.

The Governor also announced a new statewide Directed Health Measure (DHM) to guard against the spread of COVID-19. It orders certain businesses where six feet of social distance cannot be maintained to close through April 30th. The DHM also prohibits organized group sports through May 31st.

Office of Governor Pete Ricketts
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
TEXAS - April 18 - 18,260 infected 453 deaths

April 17 - 17,371 infected 428 deaths
April 16 - 16,455 infected 393 deaths (more than at the Alamo)
April 15 - 15,492 infected 364 deaths (more than at Goliad)
April 14 - 14,624 infected 318 deaths
April 13 - 13,906 infected 287 deaths
April 12 - 13,484 infected and 271 deaths
April 10 - 12,561 cases and 254 deaths
April 9 - 10,230 infected and 199 deaths
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Smithfield....

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
shelbyfv wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

Which ones?

For one South dakota.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
shelbyfv wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

Which ones?

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
NJRVer wrote:
Like taking the express elevator to the top of a ten story bldg. and then having to walk down a ramp with a 1-12 pitch to get back to the ground floor.
Not sure we ever get back to ground floor zero on this.

Mark your calendar, we will be in good shape by September with us living a NORMAL life, most likely before that!

Love your optimism but I don't see anything close to normal in Sept.
I doubt sports will be in full swing with packed stadiums. I doubt restaurants (The ones still in business) will be packed. In order for everything to be back to normal we need herd immunity, testing and a vaccine.
When all campgrounds are open and footballs in full swing then it won't be normal.