cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And Texas Caves In

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The last bastion of sanity has jumped on the "stay at home" bandwagon. They just sent me an email that they have closed all state parks to save the 1% who may die from the dreaded super virus. Texas was once a great state.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
767 REPLIES 767

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Here is some more bad news for you doom and gloomers. This chart is from the CDC. It shows the flu season for almost 40 years of data collection. The flu season is going to end in very short order according to the CDC's own data collected over a long period of time.

CV19 along with the other flu viruses will crash very soon.

According to your prediction that C19 is same as common flu the effect has already ended. Virtually no more new cases.

Or maybe C19 is different?

After the CDC chart gets so low it drops off of the chart. That doesn't mean it just ends.

Hear is a 1918 chart. See what happens in the summer months? It doesn't end but it slows. See the dip? What I'm saying is even this flu had a "flu season." The flu season is Oct-March. Again, that does not mean there will be no cases in April-Sept. It does mean there will be FAR less cases. Some strains see a BIG drop.......some see a less dramatic drop. (that is also weather dependent)

Will this flu be the one in 100 that does not dip in summer months? Maybe; but I say no, and the odds are waaaaaaaaaay in my favor for being correct according to the CDC.

Also if you look at the legend on the left side of the chart, it says the bars are the peak month historically. Itโ€™s not a graph of flu cases per month. So yeah, the flu cases will ramp down with cases in summer months.

Will Covid19 do the same? Iโ€™m betting on it since the spread will be affected by much of the same factors as flu & colds.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Good news it's April and the virus should be forgotten about.
It was over by Easter, right? I don't know why we are still screwing around at home two weeks later. Let's get out and paarr-teee!!!

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:

"One third of participants in Massachusetts study tested positive for coronavirus"

Random test 60 of 200 tested by drop of blood were positive. These were people out and about. This simply shows that MOST have no idea they have it or mild symptoms. They have few positive cases and few deaths.

Good info. The media and the government have been using scare tactics from the beginning of this. They were saying a 2 or 3 percent death rate. I've been saying it's about 1% because we don't know how many people are infected. Now it looks like it's much less than 1% and most of those are old and unhealthy.

It's time to get back to normal and never lock down again.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
The sick will die and the healthy will live. See you in the hereafter.
:?

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I see Texas will be the first state to partially open "stuff" next week.
bumpy

SD was never closed.

Sssshhhh.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
This whole lockdown deal is going to end real soon.

People are done with this lockdown stuff and are moving on. whether the government likes it or not.

A lot of guns in this video and cops don't like to deal with mad people with guns. Where are all the police arresting those with guns?

The tide is changing to get back to work and no matter what the Gov or anybody else says this will end soon. The people won't stand for it. When the people get fed up with freedoms taken away there won't be enough police to stop them. Police don't really like to be around armed people. Politicians really don't like to be around armed citizens.

This guy is giving the finger to the Gov. He is going to open no matter what anybody says.

People say F-UK-ET when STUPID laws are "CREATED" like Sail Boat=good and Power Boat =BAD.

"One third of participants in Massachusetts study tested positive for coronavirus"

Random test 60 of 200 tested by drop of blood were positive. These were people out and about. This simply shows that MOST have no idea they have it or mild symptoms. They have few positive cases and few deaths.

"Ambrosino called Chelsea the epicenter of the crisis in Massachusetts. Chelsea has the stateโ€™s highest rate of confirmed cases, with at least 712 confirmed cases and 39 deaths โ€“ an infection rate of around 2 percent."

Let the Donino's FALL!!!!!!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

SD was never closed.

Let's see, is South Dakota a big tourist state? Well duh! Money always matters.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
I see Texas will be the first state to partially open "stuff" next week.
bumpy

SD was never closed.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) lowered its projection of total deaths from 68,841 (with an estimate range of 30,188 to 175,965) to just over 60,308 (with an estimate range of 34,063 to 140,381) in an update published Friday.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
This whole lockdown deal is going to end real soon.

People are done with this lockdown stuff and are moving on. whether the government likes it or not.

A lot of guns in this video and cops don't like to deal with mad people with guns. Where are all the police arresting those with guns?

The tide is changing to get back to work and no matter what the Gov or anybody else says this will end soon. The people won't stand for it. When the people get fed up with freedoms taken away there won't be enough police to stop them. Police don't really like to be around armed people. Politicians really don't like to be around armed citizens.

This guy is giving the finger to the Gov. He is going to open no matter what anybody says.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:

Just because we see a slight decrease that will not do much if the states open to fast ( and they will as more and more don't adhere to the guidelines).
We see plenty of people at the big box stores, these are nothing but breeder boxes and as the general population inter acts with them ........... Deja vue.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Here is some more bad news for you doom and gloomers. This chart is from the CDC. It shows the flu season for almost 40 years of data collection. The flu season is going to end in very short order according to the CDC's own data collected over a long period of time.

CV19 along with the other flu viruses will crash very soon.

According to your prediction that C19 is same as common flu the effect has already ended. Virtually no more new cases.

Or maybe C19 is different?

After the CDC chart gets so low it drops off of the chart. That doesn't mean it just ends.

Hear is a 1918 chart. See what happens in the summer months? It doesn't end but it slows. See the dip? What I'm saying is even this flu had a "flu season." The flu season is Oct-March. Again, that does not mean there will be no cases in April-Sept. It does mean there will be FAR less cases. Some strains see a BIG drop.......some see a less dramatic drop. (that is also weather dependent)

Will this flu be the one in 100 that does not dip in summer months? Maybe; but I say no, and the odds are waaaaaaaaaay in my favor for being correct according to the CDC.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting reading on how various US cities closed and then reopened while trying to โ€œflatten the curveโ€ during the Spanish Flu pandemic.

How some cities โ€˜flattened the curveโ€™ during the 1918 flu pandemic
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Y'all can make childish jokes about coconuts, but when a virus created in a secret laboratory next hits us, we might want to be prepared. Enjoy your jokes, but the 37,000 who have died from Covid-19 can't laugh with you.