cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody tow an F-250 Super Duty

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
I’m thinking of buying an F-250 super DutyDiesel. I want to pull it behind my Winnebago Journey with a 350 Cummins.
Has any got any experience with h that combo? Just wondered if it pulled easy or could you definitely tell it was back there. Thanks.
2009 Winnebago Journey 39Z
2012 Ford Taurus Toad
10 REPLIES 10

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! That helps a lot!
2012 Ford Taurus Toad

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
We towed an E350 based van/motorhome that scaled in at 9700 pounds or so empty...which is how we had to tow it to stay under our 10,000 pound limit. We towed this three times form Canada to Palm Springs and then back. (its a long story). Anyway,

You will know its there.

Use a brake buddy or other braking system.

Every hill will be one gear slower.

Mileage wasn't that much worse.

In our case we had to disconnect the driveshaft every time. Wife installed a bracket beside the driveshaft so all she had to do was remove the 4 driveshaft bolts, lay it in the bracket and fasten it down.

Ours was a bit more of a temporary special situation. Yours sounds a little more permanent. But hey, it should work. Just don't be in a hurry up the hills...or down. We have towed everything with everything so we were comfortable with it.

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
That’s been my thinking. I don’t guess there’s been many who thought it was a big mistake. Thanks.
2012 Ford Taurus Toad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Stuff tows easy behind mohos because the trailer is drafting the Moho. Which you presumably know.
Buddy tows a boat roughly equal to the size/weight of your truck and you can tell it’s there and he slows on big grades….but it’s an old V10 gasser A.
It’ll tow fine. But you’ll know it’s there.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
Just me. I don’t drive many miles a day anyway. Hills may be an issue. If it gets too bad I can always unhook.
2012 Ford Taurus Toad

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Are there two of you capable of driving?

On betting on flatlands, it would be fine. If you get into the mountains and it struggles, you could always break apart and drive independently for an hour or two until you are past steep grades.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
How "good" that motorhome would tow the truck is pretty subjective, especially considering that your motorhome is down nearly 100 hp on the vehicle it's towing. You probably already have a good idea having towed your F150, the F250 is not much heavier considering the overall weight of the combination.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
10k’ tow rating. Was looking more along the lines of how good 350hp towed the truck. I’ve seen the same, big pickups and golf carts, just wondering if they thought it was a mistake after doing it or it was not an issue. I’ve towed my F-150 all around but the F-250 weighs a little more than a ton more.
2012 Ford Taurus Toad

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
What's your tow rating? Our F250 runs 7500lb. I've seen pickups with golf carts and other stuff being pulled behind a MH...you could easily be up around 9000lb if that's your goal.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What’s the truck weight going to be when being towed? What’s the max the WInnebago can tow?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad