cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Asian Beetle Record?

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
So far today I have captured and killed 21 Asian Beetles is that a record? What's the most you've killed in a single day?
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.
18 REPLIES 18

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I read the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about a new record by these guys! ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95By92a7Bqg

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two years ago we got infested with them up in MN. We "killed" at least 50 a day. We had so many that we got out the vacuum hose connected to the central vacuum system with a long extension, and just left it out for when we saw more of them. We'd go from one end of the MH to the other thinking we had all of them. A couple of hours later there were more.

We never did get rid of all of them until we put the DP into storage. Between the heat and then the freezing, there weren't any of them left alive in the spring.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Larry-D
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're using a small bug zapper light sitting on a countertop in our TT while its winterized. They're attracted to the light and then.... so far well in excess of 50, no fuss no muss. They collect beneath the light. Also keeping a small heater on in the TT to keep the bugs active so they'll go to the light.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
chris3403 wrote:
So far today I have captured and killed 21 Asian Beetles is that a record? What's the most you've killed in a single day?

many many moons ago we had an asian beetle invasion (and i'm not referring to a japanese cover band from osaka). didn't count 'em but it had to be hundreds of them. they were everywhere. we used a handheld vac to remove them. seemed to take forever and we were finding dead ones for weeks after. count your blessings!
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle