cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood water tank thermostat broken

hannaloulou111
Explorer
Explorer
So, I have what I believe is at 6 gallon Atwood elec/propane hotwater tank from the 1995 era...
I was gutting my trailer and had to remove it to put new flooring in.
I tried to disconnect the black wire connector and it was brittle enough to break off the tank.
Now, I dont know what to order or if it could be replaced and what I would ask for.
As you see in the pic it is the far right connector. and the "thing-a-ma-gig" underneath the foam gasket.

Is this something I can fix myself?
2 REPLIES 2

adam9280
Explorer
Explorer
hannaloulou111 wrote:

Yes, I replaced the factory thermostat because the water temp was very high (especially with 3 kids). It's adjustable. There's a metal tab and spring that holds it against the tank.

Link
2011 Acadia AWD
2006 Jayco Jay Feather 19H
Me, wife, daughter (7), daughter (5), son (1)

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
hannaloulou111 wrote:
So, I have what I believe is at 6 gallon Atwood elec/propane hotwater tank from the 1995 era...
I was gutting my trailer and had to remove it to put new flooring in.
I tried to disconnect the black wire connector and it was brittle enough to break off the tank.
Now, I dont know what to order or if it could be replaced and what I would ask for.
As you see in the pic it is the far right connector. and the "thing-a-ma-gig" underneath the foam gasket.

Cannot see the pictures, but that sounds like the standard thermostat/eco package- Atwood p/n 91447 (available at lots more places than Amazon)- comes with new foam cover).

-- Chris Bryant