cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awnings pooling on SlideOuts

ocbms
Explorer
Explorer
I have searched for this but found my answer. I have 2 of 3 CareFree awning that pool water. The 7 foot awning is OK but the 13 & 15 feet length both collect water even on light rains.
What is my options to eliminate this problem . Is there a replacement.

My dealer says the same as the Service Manual says:

Pooling
When water collects on the top of the fabric, this is known as pooling". This can occur during inclement weather or if a running air conditioner discharges over the awning. The water is dumped when the awning is retracted. It is recommended that if water accumulates on the top; retract the room in steps (8"-12") to dump the water. This will help prevent the fabric from stretching or distorting.
IMPORTANT
NOTE: If the room must be closed during wet weather (rain), close the room in increments (approximately 6-8"). This is to allow water to run off while the room is closing and prevent sudden pooling.

I removed my signature as I replaced the Montana with a Mobile Suits
2015 Freightliner M2 106
2016 Mobile Suites 38PS3
Previously 2010 Montana and Pleasure Way Excel TS
19 REPLIES 19

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just let them pool. I bought the slide toppers to lessen my work load, not add to it.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the end-all solution but 303 Fabric Guard will make the awing absorb less water so, when there's a little water, it stands a better chance of running off. In addition, it has fabric protecting qualities. By the way, there is also a fabric cleaner from 303.

Unfortunately, once your awning has already created a belly, you'll need to replace it (or use one of the methods in the above posts) to get much hope of using the Fabric Guard to make water run off.

Note:
The above link is just the first one I grabbed from Google. You might try Amazon, instead.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I just raise my rear stabilizers and then raise the nose of the fiver to drain the water. This is a lot easier than movivg everything inside to bring slides on. This is also fun to do the first time when you tell your kids to stand at the end of the slides to make sure nothing"hits" and they get a face full of water when you raise the nose.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't have slideout awnings but have seen folks make bundles using pool noddles

And then stuff them on top of slide (works for rain and snow)

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Shove a beach ball under it to "tent" the water off.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee