RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Surge protector - advise please

Purchased a Surge Guard protector 1 year ago. Took delivery of the protector the same day we took delivery of our Outback, that was 1 year ago.Keep the Outback plugged in at home and camping 24 x 7 for a year now. (except rare occasions where it was ...

A different type of RVing memories

Back in the day, we also did RVing in my Cessna 182 Skylane. I took out the back seat so as to have plenty of room for all the camping gear and supplies (including folding bikes).Flew the Alcan to Alaska, and also spent months exploring Mexico (based...

Thoughts on this solar charger?

http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/alternative-energy/solar/18-watt-solar-charger-kit-with-7-amp-charge-controller/p-1509038-c-7916.htmI'd like to buy a solar charger for the battery on my pop-up. I realize this is not going to be any kind of fas...

JoshuaH by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Workkamping Resume Template

I am looking for a resume template that would be appropriate for submitting to ads looking for seasonal campground hosting and office work in exchange for a FHU site. Anyone willing to share?Thanks so muchCarol

galtgirl by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Jensen DVD player

Have a 5th wheel with a Jensen DVD player causing me lots of frustration. When playing a DVD, it will freeze/stall, pushing the forward, reverse button will not work. The DVD has to be ejected and reinserted. I keep the DVD on fast forward, past t...

Jerry_L by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade to a different WDH or add a 2nd sway control?

I had a 23'HTT and recently stepped up to a 26' TT, I gained about 800lbs in trailer weight doing so. My TV is a newer Dodge Durango and it does have a shorter wheelbase than a lot of TV's. I have an EZ lift WDH and friction sway control which worke...

mikeinaz by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

New or Used?

We are considering a newer, not new, travel trailer or 5th wheel toy hauler. With a $30,000 budget, would it be better to purchase a mid-line pre-owned unit, as old as 2012, or buy new? Used or new? That is the question. I don't want to buy someone ...

tires out of round because of bent wheels

I had new tires put on my motorhome about 4 months ago, noticed a bad bouncing on front tires, took it back to dealer, was told I had 5 bent wheels on the unit, and now must buy new wheels and tires, as the tires are out of round because of the bent ...

Does anyone love Christmas???

Christmas Decor outdoor lighting and installation company inKnoxville, Tennessee is seeking full time "Workamping Elf's" for theupcoming holiday season! Work (training) begins Oct 18, ends approx Jan 30 (install and takedown), with 3 weeks off for Ch...

janree by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

RV ANTIFREEZE

(Save the comments on whether it is better to use RV antifreeze VS blowing out the lines...I don't need them)I have some old, probably 3-6 years old, of UNOPENED RV antifreeze that has never been used...I'm assuming it would still be OK to use this s...

Black tank overflow !!!

Tank level indicators were all showing crazy amounts. Drained and flushed tank with built in rinser. Closed valve and let rinser wash out and fill tank. Drained.. Did this several times until water was running pure. One more time for good measure....

bob213 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

house drapes open or closed while away?

I don't know if this is the correct forum...while we are away for the winter...if we leave the drapes open and the timer lights are on in the evening then it is obvious we are away.if we leave the drapes closed all day that looks odd too!we live on a...

anon125 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

RV antifreeze

for those that need some; I just saw it yesterday for $3.49 per gallon at Wally World.Jack L

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes