RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

WDH adjustments after hitting scales

We took delivery of our 2013 Dutchmen 261BHS Friday. We loaded it with almost everything we had in the old camper while at the dealer. The Dutchmen came with a Huskey 800-1000lb WDH. It must have been used with a 4x4 because it was 8 inches to low. W...

installed new toilet

My father in law now travels with us and is used to a high rise toilet. So I got a new Dometic Model 310. The almost 2" higher is nice but the apperance of the toilet is amazing. It has no rim to catch dirt. You open the lid and you see holes around ...

Black Ice Reminder

As I was typing my "wet leaves" reminder I also wanted to remind people about black ice. Nights are going below freezing in some areas. For those of you who aren't familiar with black ice, it's a skim coat of ice that looks like wet pavement and ca...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

New widow trying to winterize

Hi, recently widowed and trying to winterize TT for the first time. Here's what I messed up: My HWT doesn't have a valve, so I had to remove the anode rod to drain it. Forgot to release pressure valve and almost got hit with a flying anode and drench...

Go_Dogs by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Window woes

I purchased a three year old winnebago View. The window glass has water spots and I have tried everything short of acid to clean them up. It doesn't really cause a problem but in an anal sense I would like to solve the problem. Any advice will be app...

toyo or double point tires 225,70R19.5

I know that this has been bashed around many times , but has anybody used the double point tires....I have never heard of them. Toyos are $355 each and dbl pt are $217.00 I need a set for the duel drivers......any input would be helpful, I have Toy...

Weight Distribution (Old Trunion Bars)

On my 1989 fleetwood taurus I have old weight distribution system. Stuff I see online does not have the additional stirrup (for lack of a better term...labeled 1). Is anyone familiar with this? The ones online simply attach trunnion bars...labeled 2 ...

cs2kplus by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda 2000 generator?

A buddy of mine won a new honda 2k generator as has no use for it and offered it to me for 750. Yes, a very good deal. I really don't need it as I have a 3500 champion generator and we never dry camp but this might make sense for those walmart overni...

Cecilt by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Escapee RV club

Is Joining a good idea?We are RVing only in summers for 4-5 months not staying in one place more than a few days and are members of P.AThanks

danoren by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Arrrghhh! MICE!

I think we have a mouse trying to nest in our MH. Last weekend I moved it out of its cover and our little Dachshund would not quit sniffing around the right front suspension area. I pretty much ignored it and told him to get away, even though he re...

CW $59 install (read the fine print)

Nothing (!) is installed for $59. Read the fine print (we're talking very fine here) and it says they will also add a "shop supplies" fee that is 10% of the original labor amount (not the $59) to the work order.So my advertised $59 went to a little o...

LetsRV by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Smart steering

This is a question for all the Smart for2 toads - does the steering have a lock up like other cars that have the ignition key on the column? I can't get mine to lock up, but I don't want to tow it and somehow it locks one day.

Norcold N811 cooling unit failure

Hi all,New to this forum. But have been a long time Good Sam member, so figured I'd join and pass along my most recent trip experience and its final outcome for my first post.All to often, only bad experiences deserve the extra effort to spread the ...

gery_L by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

NPS Drone Ban

The National Park Service is getting serious about the ban on drones. Personally I don’t think the fine was stiff enough.“In the first application of the National Park Service’s anti-drone regulations, a German citizen named Andreas Meissner has ple...

Oakman by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Subaru Forester as dinghy

I'm looking for a dinghy with awd and better clearance than my current Hyundai Accent. Found that now that I'm full-timing I want to explore those dirt roads more! I'm in a 27' Winni Sightseer MH. Have owned Subarus in the past and could find nothi...