RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

origin of Boondock

A recent TV report (I think History Channel) discussed the origin of many terms we use every day. One of them was the term boondock. The apparent origin is from the Philippines during WWII. When the Allies were overrun by the Japanese they retreated ...

Dick_B by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

G'day from Downunder

Hi everyone....we are a couple of Australian 'Grey Nomads' (snowbirds) saying g'day.We retired about 5 years ago and since then we have spent about 6 months of each year towing our caravan (travel trailer) around Australia.From what we can see Austra...

Installing brake for 2011 Equinox

Looking at Invisibrake for my 2011 Equinox but no way it will fit under front seats. Where and what type of brake have others used for an Equinox? Already have a Sterling tow bar so readybrake not an option at this time. Can I mount the invisibrake u...

badbob1 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Insurance Question

I was wondering where everyone get their insurance for their 5er? I just got an adjusted premium from State Farm. They base it on the MSRP which is over $36,000. They sell all over for $23-27,000. It raises my premium by about $150 a year. The in...

Glenalt by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Counter top extension

We looked at an '05 5th wheel which we liked but I would like more counter top space. There is a place an extension could be added but I'm wondering how hard it would be to find one that matches counter top. Would the best place to start be with the ...

need help with flush ball on sealand 110 toliet

Our toliet doesn't hold water and after cleaning and troubleshooting, we are replacing the teflon and rubber seal kit part# 311462. Now, the flush ball should also be replaced part# 310954. We can't figure out how to remove the old flush ball witho...

TCI by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2 to 1 tail light conversion module

I currently have a MME 5 amp Powered tail light conversion module.It worked fine until I put LED tail lights on the trailer.Now the left and right turn signals work, the marker lights work, but the emergency flashers do not.I currently have the conve...

Electronic equipment post winterization ?

I have a fifth wheel permanently parked in Western NY. Winters there are brutal. 175-250" of snow and at times below zero temps.I normally pull out my Samsung tv along with a Blu ray player and my Dish HD receiver box.The tv is easy, but threading th...

2014 Jeep Cherokee Question

This would be for any (or all I guess) with the push button start. When you go through the procedure in the manual for shifting to neutral, how do you shut the engine back off? After you press the little "neutral" button and the light comes on, you a...

loydt by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Another can i tow this question...kind of

Let me preface this by saying we are permanent campers, and don't travel other than that. This was our third year and I don't see us doing anything different. We love the place, out neighbors, and its pretty close to home, and with a kid in sports ...

agm batteries next to an inverter?

http://www.dekabatteries.com/assets/base/1398.pdfI picked up some of these batteries for free. since they are sealed batteries can they go next to the inverter in an enclosed area?

Diabetic supplies , test strips /meters) while traveling

Since our mail order Rx supplier does not handle test strips/meters am looking for a pharmacy chain which would be available across America.I initially thought that since Rightsource did not dispense prescription ordered diabetic supplies that Medica...

RoadXYZ by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Questions about Tractor Supply

A Tractor Supply is due to open in our town in the next few weeks. As a result they are starting to send us their national weekly flyers. There is a Murdocks Farm and Ranch Supply about 25 miles from here. We buy some pet food and supplies and stuff ...

Tow Bar Reccomendations please

I am in the process of buying a 40' 2006 Country Coach Inspire w/ a 400HP Cat C9 and a 10,000lb capacity receiver hitch.I am looking for recommendations for a "Tow bar" and vehicle to tow.If you would give the reason behind the recommendation I would...

gman421 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes