RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

level tow bar

Our car is a 2014 Chevy Equinox 2wd 2.4l with a roadmaster tow barand base plates. What drop receiver would I need to have fora level tow bar.We have a 2015 Allergo Open Road 31 SA on order.thank you,

tkkopp by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Accumulator sizing

Just picked up a new trailer and am in the market for an accumulator tank. In my old trailer I have a Home Depot 2 Gallon job that works great for cutting run frequency and takes care of all the surging. Unfortunately I don't have room for the bigger...

Padlin by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

E15 Gas Introduced, Car Mfgs Warn Not To Use It

Clickythe link takes you to a YouTube video, a clip from FBN on the new E-15 ethanol fuel now making its way so some gas stations. Many major car manufacturers have apparently warned customers that using this fuel may void their warranties.

rk911 by Explorer
  • 71 replies
  • 0 likes

converter help needed

I bhave a 100 amp deep cycle battery and a converter. the converter lists:panel input 120vac 60hz 30 amps converter input 120vac 60hz 1.5 ampsoutput 12.6 vdc 9 ampswith a fully charged battery how long will a 1.5 amp mini fridge work?

happjap by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Brakes don't work

Hello everyone. New first time trailer owner. 3rd owner of a 1997 Fleetwood 26' Wilderness. Trailer brakes don't seem to be working. I looked in the owners manual and it says there is a brake controller which I do not have nor did the last owner. I...

Duckdna by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Signal lights

I am getting my 2010 Cobalt ready for towing behind my MHwondering if anyone has a good idea where to run wires thrufirewall, I want to install separate bulbs in my existing tail lightsany ideas would be appreciated.Tks Joe

Real life usage w/ 6 gallon hot water tank

My first experience taking quick showers in the TT was a bit disappointing. Wife and I took separate quick showers but the hot water faded during my shower. I'm just curious what other users with 6 gallon tanks experience? Is it best to let tank reco...

Tacswa3 by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

The drive from Fresno CA to Port Angeles WA

Hi all y’all,I’m going to be leaving Fresno CA on the 18th and heading to Port Angeles WA. As many here know, when I purchased my 1994 33’ Holiday Rambler it was a monument to deferred maintenance and neglect. Even though I’ve taken to the road with ...

workcampers/volunteers

Workcampers/volunteers needed at White Tank Mountain Park, Waddell Arizona.Contact Raymond schell; park supervisor 623-935-2505 ext. 200email rayschell@mail.maricopa.govFull hook up sites. Laundry room, LP and ice.

Towing a 1963 VW Beetle

I have a 1963 VW Beetle and I’m looking to tow it (4 down) behind my 1995 Carriage Callista Cove. I have a Blue Ox tow bar but I can’t seem to find a base plate for the VW. Anyone have any suggestions?

gwol by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Nobody Ever Wonder Why a Fuse Blows?

So often on this forum I read where somebody is having or had an electrical problem only to discover that "it was just a blown fuse" or tripped breaker, as if that was the problem, and when they replaced or reset it, the problem is now fixed.Sure, I ...

nomad297 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Fact or fiction, amber porch lights attract fewer bugs?

Thinking about changing out the lens in my clear porch light for an amber one under the assumption that amber actually attracts fewer bugs. What say you about this, in your experience has the amber lens reduced the number of bugs?Of course now that I...

Wrace by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailers for towing

I have a 2013 Honda Ridgeline. I am interested in a dual axle trailer capable of handling 5000 lbs., and nothing on the flooring except grid plates to drive the tires on, and either tilt or ramped. Does anyone know where I might look to find a trai...

richarfg by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Falcon All Terrain and RVI

What's everyone's .02 on this particular setup. RV hopefully will be 1998 Fleetwood Discovery pulling a 2004 Honda Pilot. How hard is it to install this stuff or do I just pay to have it installed. Out the door is $3300. For those that have this ...