RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Most common campground complaints?

Running a campground for this season, we're lucky (or maybe hard working enough?) that we don't hear about too many complaints. So we were thinking, what things have you found to complain about at a campground? What's the most common thing you dislik...

karead7 by Explorer
  • 126 replies
  • 0 likes

Double towing in California

Ok I did a search and have read threads but did not get the details.Questions as it applies to CA only.1) What should I ask DMV for to have the proper CA license to double tow with a class C license? Doubles endorsement? Is it just a written test?2...

Door issues

Ok I have a 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS I am having issues some of the time opening the door. It seems like the screen door is getting hung up or something. and before anyone says it. Yes it is unlocked and yes i am pulling on the handle. A...

silver lining

Talk about bad deals working out in unexpected ways. I got lightly clipped on the right rear of my Civic. Put it in the shop last week and when I went to rent a car they had a 2013 CRV available. The CRV was on my short list to replace the Civic so g...

Weight question

The sticker on my door sill states the the combined weight of occupants and cargo should not exceed 1050 lbs. my question is, in addition to the above and tongue weight, do I have to deduct the weight of a full tank of gas in the calculation?Perhap...

Winterizing Black Tank?

I've been winterizing my trailer for over 10 years now, but I've always wondered about the black tank. Do any of you throw a few gallons of antifreeze down in your black tank to keep it moist during the winter, or do you just leave it dry? I have alw...

bob2j8 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Slime Comp05 / 06 on sale

I just noticed Amazon's woot.com has the Slime Pro Power and smaller compact inflators on sale.$17.99 for the compact inflator and 29.99 for the pro power:http://sellout.woot.com/offers/slime-tire-inflator-your-choice-1

Question on selling

We are trying to sell our Allegro Bay. Have ads in various places. But, we keep getting calls from people/companies wanting to sell it for us for a fee. Usually 200 to 500 dollars. They vary a bit in what they offer, but not much. Has anyone had any ...

gouda by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Closures in New Hampshire

As Columbus Day weekend approaches and New England fall foliage reaches its peak, the U.S. Forest Service has decreed that 22 privately run campgrounds in New Hampshire’s White Mountain National Forest will have to close because of the government shu...

Bps camping in southern New Mexico

To escape the south Texas heat,dw and I headed to the high elevations of southern new mexico. Got here to atown called datil, weather is gorgeous and the elk are bugle lying at first light each morning. Supposed to be in the mid thirty degrees sat ni...

Travel Time

A long while back I ran across some information on this site concerning daily travel time. It had something to do with the number 2 and went something like this. 200 miles 2 hours before dark 2 cocktails before dinner. Please don't quote me on any of...

Merlot by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Consignment at Nexus RV- Elkhart

I see that Nexus RV in Elkhart (maker of Class C MH's) has a good sized consignment lot now. I think a PPL type operation up here in the Great Lakes area would be a winner. We our thinking of taking our fiver over there in the spring. Has anyone c...

Brake controler problems

Recently purchased a new tow vehicle-2013 Silverado. The previous owner had installed an "Hopkins Agility" brake controller. On my first trip I noticed that every time I apply the brakes there is a jerk and then I think everything is working OK. ...