RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

vacation went from almost deadly to lost to saved

I've been doing this rv thing for 3 years now. 1st year blew 4 tires because someone left a 3 sided hitch in the road. 2 on the drivers side, 1 on the passanger side rear and 1 on the trailer(2axles). Limped to the dealer(run flats, AAA will not to...

Sad Camping Season for us!

After getting back home from our week long trip to the lake for Memorial Day, my DH was uncovering the air conditioner when the ladder leg broke. Down he came! His hand hit our chain link fence on the way down, cutting his hand from the top through...

A pleasant surprise

Got home yesterday from a week of camping to find the folks at our storage lot had paved (Tar and Chip) our site. Much nicer than before. I guess the storage fees will be going up soon :E

door awming

I have a 08 Monaco Camelot the door awning will not go in an the motor still runs

oly1946 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

W/D needed ??Class A 40' revolution and 20' trl.

I was told we do not need a W/D hitch to pull the 20' trailer !We have a car and 2 motorcycles inside. About 5000 lbs. cargo weight. The Wd looked out of place when we had it on. A dealer mechanic had us remove it. The M/h air ride levels it out and ...

fltrker by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hensley Arrow question.

I have found a used (slightly) HA for $900. After fighting my trailer, buying a 3/4 ton Ram CTD, and then new tires, I figured why not spend another $900 to get this trailer to pull right. Yes my weights were all good, but the camper sits about 2 inc...

Flat towing a Jeep YJ

Wondering if I will have any difficulty flat towing a Jeep YJ with my Dodge 3500 DRW CTD and 4000lb camper? I have a StowMaster tow bar to connect to the jeep and was going to add a couple of trailer tail lights and pigtail to the jeep.Would I be saf...

Trailer Weight Vs. Fuel Economy

Hello,I have been going back and forth on how to improve my fuel economy. Our current set up is a 2013 Chevy 4X4 2500 hd with 3.73 gears gas. I know that diesel would have been the way to go but it was too expensive. We pull a Wilderness 3150ds. ...

nhtope by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Benchmark atlas...where available

We will be purchasing some of these atlas for our Wild West 2013 trip.Where can I get them once we are out there...really don't want to mail order them...like what kind of stores have them?Utah, Nevada, Arizona, maybe NM...walmart? or what? Can I ge...

dcason by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Be aware: Az. Stupid Motorist Law

Just thought I'd share...mostly an issue duringMonsoon season (June-Aug)... but can happen anytimein gulley washer cloudbursts... not only meant forSnowbirds... locals get suckered into "I can crossthis !" mentality. CharlesI'm guessing these have be...

cdlaine by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Did you name your RV?

We were thinking of naming our TH and wondered if anyone else did this too. The name we have come up with is LaTOYa Anyone else?

jbee by Explorer
  • 94 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires

Things you find when reading the Federal Register....In justifying changes to tire retention requirements, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration quoted some statistics.Nine complaints about trailer tires in 15 years ????From the Federal ...

banjo by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

One less drunk driver on the road!

My bride and I were headed into Tucson in our new Class C RV. Highway 77/Oracle Road is mostly three lanes each direction that feeds into Tucson from the north. I saw several cars taking evasive action as a green Camry drifted all over the three lane...