RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Good Water Hose Heater?

Hi, long time RV'ers, but new at long term RV living! Sold house, been living in fiver in RV park in Cascade foothills of Washington State. Here until December, we may experience a stretch of freezing weather, maybe not, but we want tobe prepared. R...

Camping trips with themes

A recent thread spoke of traveling to US cities named after cities in other countries. We took trips to visit planetariums around the country and went to star parties (an astronomy thing). Are there others here who do "themed" RVing?Here's one that c...

Go bigger with tires or not?

I am thinking of upgrading my tires on my TT it currently has 205 Road Rider load range C. My two options are simply replace the C's with Maxxis D's and be done or to go up in size to a 225 load range D in Maxxis but if I do this I will have to buy w...

Bushc78 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator smell

We made the mistake of leaving a carton of food in our frig last time we went out. We had quite a suprise when we were getting ready for this trip. Does anyone know how to get rid of the smell we now have in our frig? Thank for any and all suggestion...

bfuqua99 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Should I buy a class C or class A?

I bought a HTT that I love and pull it with a 14 pax van. Bought it about 5 years ago when it was just me, my wife and the dog. I got the van because it tows much better than my wife's Jeep and was perfect for my needs at the time.Now, we have two b...

Gotyer6 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Air Conditioner Compressor will not turn off

26SAB Cougar 5th Wheel - 2010 - The air conditioner compressor will not turn off. When it reaches correct temperature the fan turns off but the air conditioner compressor stays on until we unplug power. It even draws so much power that the lights d...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

TV Cable Ties brittle on roof due to UV. What to do?

Any suggestions. They are held on w/ double stick tape.The bases are good. Just the Clip is cracking and breaking off.Any suggestions fro a replacement. Any metal ones available?Anything metal with double stick tape to apply to roof?Maybe modify t...

stevekk by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Double bummer!!

What a week of Bummers. First, we`ve had issues at work that have caused 2 of the salesmen to quit. That has an impact on me in as much I`ve been informed that my 3 week "go west" vacation has been pared down to 2 weeks...all the time the boss will...

msjdbman by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

which bike carrier?

using a yakima doubledown bike rack on the rear hitch of the 5th wheel. It's (the rack) a bit wobbly and also awkward to put the bikes onto. Which bike rack would you recommend for the back of the 5th wheel?There are a few out there and looking for ...

boubou64 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

refrige vent caulking

I'm going to replace my fridge vent. Someone told me to use bug and tar removal on the caulking. Would this work? I have a fiberglass roof. Thanks to all that apply.2003 Airstream Land Yacht 30'

didi by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes