RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bicycle stolen at Sam Town Las Vegas

This is not funy, but I personaly suffer the loss of my bicyle last night, locked to my motor home with a heavy cable that it was cutted witha bolt cutter at Sam Town RV Park in Vegas, the bad part is that only Security came down and just handed me a...

rvmex by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda EU2000i for $500, Brand New ???

On craigslist I saw an ad for EU2000i generator $500.I sent an email asking if it was still available.Here is the response:Subject: Re: Generator HONDA EU2000I - $500Hello ,Thank you for contacting OverstockCloseoutOutlet. Please accept our apologies...

Best Towing Mirrors

I was wondering what the current thinking/experience is about the best tow mirrors.The ones I have work fine once adjusted, but they are hard to adjust and so hard to share driving with my much shorter wife and as we are considering doing a very long...

Propane and gas

Went to get propane where I always get it at a mobile home dealer/park,girl asked what size and I replied 30lb.,and she said 17.00,I said not 20...30lb.,she said propane is starting to drop like a rock,with all the gas in the area,(Marcellus Shale)an...

A few handy "Spares" to carry

I was a boat guy for 35+ years many of which were spent offshore and/or in third world countries. This tends to shape how you think about what will happen when things fail.... because they do. My theory has always been that there are three things t...

STRANGE OCCURRANCE

While on the road in my MH,I was passed by a TT. About 50 yards past me, the trailer started spewing water along the left lane of the road, a large amount. The driver finally realized what was happening and pulled over. As I passed him, I saw that th...

TOMMY47 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Friction Sway Bar parts:

On my friction sway bar that I use a friction plate broke inside and fell out somewhere along the way. Has anyone replaced theirs, I hate to have to throw away the whole assembly? I have sent Etrailer an email, haven't heard back from them. Any sugge...

Recaulking

Hi all we recently purchased a 2003 kodiak k235 which was in good shape for the age and definitely the right price. As it is 10 yrs old it does need some maintenance. I am going to need to reseal a lot of the exterior wall seams and around a lot o...

Coleman LED string light

Is anyone using the Coleman LED battery operated string light and if so how do you like them? They are the ones that look like little lanterns.

LT_E5 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Question re: LP tanks in FW

We bought a new FW a year and a half ago and it has two 30 pound, I think, tanks with a changeover regulator. I wonder if a person, in your experiences, should periodically allow the tanks to run dry or does it make any difference. We are going on ...

jalichty by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

2008 Highlander

I just entered the fulltimer world. I have a 2002 Tiffin Allegro Bus with a 350 Cummins Engine. I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander which I have outfitted over the years to carry kayaks on top and bikes on back. I would like to tow the Highlander all ...

Who Installed your baseplate

I Just bought a Subaru Crosstrek to tow behind the MH.I am wondering what is the best place to have the Baseplate installed.RV Dealer, CW, Car Dealer :h

Rheevs by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Dinghy or dolly blow-out but didn't notice?

I never had a blow-out on something I was towing but just wondered if anyone on here has and didn't realize it until a lot of damage was done. I've been contemplating the purchase of a tpms but just think the wife would freak if I come up with one mo...

homedad by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Zep on sale

Closeout on ZEP products at Lowes. I got a gallon of Wet Look Floor Finish for $3.99. Regular price was $24.99 per gallon.B.O.