RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Considering an RV Garage

We are considering to have built a 30x30x14 garage (we know bigger is better but this fits our budget) built on our level property to house our Travel Trailer from the weather when not being used.The bid I am considering is:We propose to supply and e...

4aSong by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Another steep driveway question

i've been parking my 31' tt on my driveway for over 2 years now, no issues. i can level it enough to keep the fridge running when we are about to head out for a trip.monday we'll be bringing home a new tt, and i'd like to do a better job at leveling...

Blocks Under Jacks?

Does having more blocking under your jacks equate to less bounce in your TT? We only have a single set of orange blocks that get dispersed among the stab jacks. Would we get less bounce in the TT if we bought a second set of blocks? What if we use...

BBQ table/stand

I just bought a Nexgrill stainless steel grill. I went into Sams club to find a suitable table for it rather then using a campground picnic table. I saw this and it was literally designed for my grill. 59 bucks and is one of the best things Ive ...

New Class C Owner Confused about Electricity

Hopefully you guys can help a total dummy out with this question about electrical hookups. I just bought a newer 2004 RV which I pick up in a few days. Basically, I wanted to hook a few TV's up throughout the motorhome that would be able to play whil...

Cruise control

I tried to search this but the search function keeps coming back with an error message...Is it advisable or recommended against to use cruise control while towing at reasonable highway speeds (~60mph)? Note that I would have the transmission in tow/...

Where are the campers??

On Friday after lunch, we checked the SP campgrounds here on the east side of the lake and found 3 campers and over 100 empty sites. Figured that by Friday evening they would fill up, wrong. Took the same trip this morning around 11 and found the SP ...

Towing Saturn 2007 Vue

We are new to this, we have a Roadmaster Sterling tow system. The Saturn manual says to start the car, place in N, then pull the IGN fuse. Then every 7 hours, need to restart the car to lubricate the transaxel. Is there something we can do to bypa...

akguy by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I-5 bridge collapse

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Report-I-5-bridge-collapses-over-Skagit-River-cars-in-water-208758631.htmlSome campers might have to cancel their weekend trips after seeing this. It's going to be a nightmare trying to get all that I-5 traffic around...

RV Crash Safety & Illusions of Safety

Hello,I am new to this forum. I joined so that I could discuss RV safety or rather the illusion of safety. What brought me here was that I bought a Class C motorhome recently. After noticing that the dinette had seatbelts but that the dinette itself ...

WD front end is light

After a few trips and weights I feel I need to adjust more weight to the front. (actually drops 60 lbs in the front with TT) driving into the wind shifts the truck around in the lane quite a bit. Suspension has been upgraded with new ball joints and ...

Pool by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Driving with Hazards On!

Please allow me to vent.A couple of days ago I had to drive in a toad strangler of a thunderstorm in South Florida. Visibility was bad and made it unsafe to drive more than 20 MPH.IT IS ILLEGAL AND UNSAFE TO DRIVE WITH HAZARD FLASHERS ON!!!It render...

Gau_8 by Explorer
  • 52 replies
  • 1 likes

Blowout kills 2 RVers in Southern Utah

Sad, sad story here:Provo couple killed in St. George motor home crashThere are videos on how to control your rig in the event of a blowout. Never hurts to have another look at them.Be safe this weekend, everyone.

900 miles of Cicadas 1.5 inch and noisey East Coast US

Yes it's the invasion of the 17 year itch Cicadas which will be emerging with up to 1.5 million per acre from Georgia to New York mostley along the I-95 corridor. They will be making their mating calls and landing all over vehicles trees, you name it...