RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gas stations

Why are major gas station operators neglecting the huge market of RVers? Even new stations being built neglect to put in RV lanes that offer both diesel and gasoline. Last trip I pulled into 2 Love's and could not fit in either, had to maneuver aroun...

ken56 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Front steer tire blowout analysis 2

Front Steer Tire Blowout AnalysisclickOn the video that shows the roll over of the Thor Tuscany motorhome which is pulling a red pickup, the first thing I notice is how this video further perpetuates the MYTH (this video is almost shocking, except ...

Quick Connect Outdoor shower

Hello All,So our new (new last summer) trailer has a quarter turn disconnect style outdoor shower hookup. Our older trailer had a standard shower and the head stayed in the compartment. This came with the slinky style hose which also has the quick ...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight Distributing Hitch BENT

I started to notice when hitching my trailer that I was not able to get an even number of links on each of the spring bars on my WDH; I might get 6 links on one side, and 8 on the other. Couldn't figure out why. Eventually I realized that the hitch i...

private land camping questions, cell booster suggestions

...Sooo, due to life circumstances, we find ourselves frequently needing to travel to and stay in an area about 450 miles from home. Having the RV (Motorhome) has worked out great for these trips. Only problem is, have not found a good campground t...

willald by Explorer II
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

outside cook center

I have a outback 5th wheel 2011 , we have a 2 burner stove outside cook center. when in the closed position for traveling the stove will come open. looks as though the cabinet has droped and my locks are not long enough to slip behind the lip to l...

machunt by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Gravel rv pad?

How deep would a gravel RV pad need to be for a 32ft long X 10ft wide pad for my 14000 lbs Rv

suprz by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Canopy

Looking for a canopy, 10X10, preferably an instant up type. Light weight and water proof/resistant. The catch is the folded/storage size. I need something under 4 foot, closer to 3 foot the better. Maybe with legs in three rather than two sections. O...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HOW DOES AAA WORK .. OR NOT

Two years ago I was coming home from Salmon Idaho. About 20 miles outside of Missoula Montana the rear tire started to delaminate, and was coming off in 3 inch chunks, on my Honda GoldWing (My RV).We called AAA; We have RV/Motorcycle coverage and wer...

fill by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

How old is too old for a hitch

I’ve had a Reese weight distribution hitch since 1993. Used it on three different trucks I’m sure I got my money’s worth out of it. Appearance wise it’s still good, but I’m wondering about fatigue. What’s your opinion

2018 GMC Sierra Towing

Looking for advice on towing with a 2018 GMC Sierra with a 2" leveling kit. I have plenty of power towing but having a hard time getting it to ride correctly. Seems as though no matter what I adjust my front end seems a bit light. I have tried going ...

Bevo10 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes