RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Flat tow P/U to carry motorcycle

I just bought a 24’ Class C and have a 13 Jeep Wrangler set up for flat towing. I would like to be able to tow a vehicle and also take my motorcycles but I’m hesitant to carry a 400 lb load on the hitch of a 2 door Wrangle being towed. What would be ...

One thing you use ALL the time?

Just to go the other way... One thing I use ALL the time is my RVQ. I know folks hate them, etc.. But mine works well, does not heat the side of my RV, I never leave it unattended and like most things if used correctly is fine. Granted, it's on...

suprz by Explorer
  • 61 replies
  • 0 likes

How hard to install Ready Brake in Grand Vitara

We just replaced our 1995 Sidekick due to blown engine, replaced with 2006 Grand Vitara. Has anyone installed a Ready Brake system in a say 2006 Grand Vitara?How do you feel it works?How hard to do and do you need two people?

RV cameras

So I just acquired a 2013 Rockwood Roo 23RS that is in mint condition due to a meticulous former owner. I am moving up from a pop up so there are a few things new to me.I was talking to my neighbor over the weekend who also had an RV and we had a di...

Packmann by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Brakes are Fixed (from closed thread)

Update:Took about 3 hours at an Auto zone. New calipers, new rotors, new pads, bled hydraulic system and it's all work all working perfectly. Better then new. Just need to retorque the lugnuts after 50 miles. Thanks for the idea to do it at an Aut...

Broken/ leaking exhaust manifold bolts

I have recently been experiencing exhaust leaks from my exhaust manifold, and it looks like I have a couple broken bolts on the manifold itself, which is where I think the leak is coming from. I have an 8.1L engine in my home, but what I am wondering...

teddy360 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

VIP Tow><Brake question

Ok this is an older unit. Got everything hooked up and working. Car unit is working, MH unit is working and double checked all wiring and connections. Even the umbilical cord. When you press the manual button the system shows brake on and trouble! ...

Dinghy

Planning on purchasing class c under 30 ft. But still think I need a toad. I've read all kinds of info regarding different vehicles looking for member suggestions. Just me (female) and my two labs.

lucy6194 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you share camping expenses?

My husband and I invited my sister to go on a 2-3 week camping trip with us. We have been to many of the places she and I planned to visit but I thought it would help her readjust to being back home in the PNW. Well, I was distracted about water issu...

clikrf8 by Explorer
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

Red carpet stains no more

Last years camping season was a tough one for me. My dog was diagnosed with cancer and in his final days he was getting sick a couple times a day. Most of the time I was able to catch him and move him to the tile floor where it could just be wiped up...

Goostoff by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage cabinet hinges

Hello,We are wrapping up phase 1 of our living area remodel. We remove the fold-down doors over the couch and dining table compartments; removing the top hinges, handles, and the hydraulic type hinge on the side that keeps the door in the open positi...

What to do

Considering selling f350 and 28 ft. 5th wheel and buying a couple of years old class c. My husband has terminal cancer. May sound strange but I don't want to just sit home once he is gone. I can drive the camper but as much as I've tried i can't back...

lucy6194 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes