RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacing the Sidekick w/ a pickup

Our 1995 Sidekick needed a replacement engine and a lot of interior fixing up and I just didn't feel like spending several thousand and a lot of time doing the work or paying to have it done and I sold it.Many of reasons we had the Suzi were centered...

Cat Scale front Axle is #360 more than rear axle this ok?

Hello all. I am new here and just weighed my set up. 2013 GMC sierra 1500 4X4 with W.D.H. and Fully loaded truck and trailer with empty water tanks.I see my front axle is 360 LBS heaver than the rear is this ok? Steer Axle 3480 lbsRear axle 3120 lb...

kc8suj by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

New guy needing confirmation on tongue weight

Hello everyone! :BMy wife and I just purchased our first travel trailer, which is also our first camper purchase ever. At first I thought I'd order a hitch with a high weight rating so I'd always have "enough" hitch, but after reading a few articles ...

ooOoo by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Heartland Big Country

Hello, If I’m posting in the wrong area please direct me to the right place. Maybe someone can either tell me this is not possible or lead me in the right direction. I just picked up a 2011 Big country and I have a Dish Tailgater, outside I have the ...

8 years

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2509801179050795&set=a.220174734680129&type=3&eid=ARDZFln-Y59AgXZ3uaA8B2RrHmWmSOXHOHEgKCp9GJqcpgXPcDj5QF1Y8bizxLlQLYlPp_oANP_uBQT-

Birmingham AL Flying J

just a heads up for those passing through Birmingham, AL intending to fuel at the Flying J at exit 262. there are two RV lanes but the gas pumps on the LEFT side of those lanes are out of service. no time frame for repairs was available. the pumps on...

rk911 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Sales Platform?

What is your opinion as to the best platform for private sales? CraigsList? RVTrader? Some other one I have not heard of yet?

TBammer by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

SWITCH TO ELECTRIC BRAKES

I have a car dolley.The car dolley has surge breaks.Surge breaks are a curse sent to enrage us to the point that certain four letter words are used.I would dearly love to change out the damnable surge brakes for electric brakes. Installing new electr...

Water leak through Air Conditioner...

This morning I discovered a "leak". A small puddle in the kitchen under the A/C unit. It rained most of the day yesterday and it's been raining most of the morning. I went on the roof and could not find a tear or puncture on the roof anywhere arou...

mgirardo by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Beacon Truck Wash and paint protective film

Our 2015 Winnebago came with paint protection film on the front of the RV. Until our last trip I have always hand washed it myself and have been pleasantly surprised at how well the film has protected the front from rock chipping and any other damage...

co pilot

I'm losing my co pilot guys. saddest thing to ever happen to me. back in 2016 she went though the fight with ovarian cancer. In February they told her she had liver cancer and this battles is the one she is losing. Dr told me a few weeks ago that she...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Dinghy Member Forum Input

It's been suggested by another member to remove the "Supplemental Brake Systems - update 8/7/06" post from the Stick list. I'd welcome any input from those of use that frequent this forum.

Y-Guy by Moderator
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes