RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Wilkins RV Bath Ny service

Long story short. Took our FW back to dealer to replace the floor of a slide out that had water damage from a faulty trim piece on the bottom corner. After 4 months they tell me it's ready for pick-up. I get there and the bill is 600+ more than last ...

leggy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Walmart Tire & Lube Express - Carlisle Radial Trail HD

I see Walmart has my size of Carlisle Radial Trail HD on sale for a great price - - there is a Walmart Tire & Lube Express about 20 miles from my house, but reviews seem to be inconsistent at best....some 5 star, others 1 star. My local tire shops (L...

Why do they put the head of the bed up against a window??

The majority of floorplans in rigs I've been looking at (A's and C's) have the dang bed up against window. I like to sit up in bed and read or watch TV and the thought of my fat @$$ leaning against thin RV glass makes me nervous. Not to mention the t...

Jedidad by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

'18 F250 alarm goes off when being towed.

And there is no way to turn the alarm system off. Anyone know of a work-around?Also, the power outlet times out and my towed brake loses power.You'd think a vehicle that is "recreational towable" vehicle would automatically limit it's alarm sensing a...

Gas prices, weather and wildfires...

Every year forces beyond our control seem to be getting worse and worse. What's this season gonna be like?In BC, we have had record high gas prices this month at $1.639 a liter (almost $5 US a gal.)!! Can't wait to see what the summer will bring. ...

Weight total for trailer and hitch on F150

Hi, I have been pulling my hair out for a week trying to make sure I have the correct weight I can haul and the total hitch weight and hitch payload weight. Could someone please verify these numbers or correction them. Pickup2016 F150145” wheel base...

Rlisby by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

How to calculate the cost of RVing

I'll use a 2003 Class C motor home purchased 7 years ago as an example because that's what we have.I paid $23000 for it. Let's assume I sell today for $15000. OK much of this has to be estimated. So I spent $8000 (Not the price I paid for it). I est...

Ford Focus problems?

We've towed a 2017 Focus automatic, keyless start for about a year. Love the car's handling, performance, etc. but wish I had gone with the Toyota Fit manual. The problem is that the Focus inconsistently won't start and sometimes even the ignition wo...

Gas $$$.

Hate to say "I told you so" to the manufacturers eliminating most vehicles that get the best MPG ( lite weight compact, sub-compact sedans, wagons and hatchbacks). If gas continues to go up, consumers will go from not caring to wanting their economy ...

RV caught on Fire

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with insurance or if you can sell any parts to a salvage yard. We had a fleetwood Providence.

Rvmainer by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Rock wood Sig. ULite/ battery switch??

Friend just bought this 08 fifth wheel. Batteries test good however no power to trailer. We have searched for the battery cut off switch in the nose storage and basements and can’t find the switch. Anybody know where it is located...if there is one?

Flat Towing Assumption

Just because an RV dealership has been around 50 years don’t assume they know how to wire a vehicle for flat towing.I just spent $550 to get my Chevrolet Colorado wired and they put a 4 prong female adapter on the front. They then made a “special” wi...

Bees in my 5th Wheel

I have bees going in and out of the Kingpin of my 5th Wheel. I bought a bee suit and was hoping to see the hive in the Kingpin. I did not see any hives. There are dead bees inside the 5th wheel. What should I do?Jason

JKwock by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes