RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

My truck toes (autocorrect lol)better with Shell VPower

On our last few long distance trips, I have noticed more power towing with our 2003 Yukon (6 liter) when using Shell VPower 93 octane. I have a bully dog tuner on the truck, set to the highest power setting which requires premium fuel. When traveli...

kevden by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Overwhelmed and worried about safety

Hi all. I know threads of "can I tow XYZ with my ABC" probably get annoying and I've been reading and reading and reading. But I'm overwhelmed and my partner and I have never towed anything before. This is a major purchase and I'm afraid if we don't ...

hs4816 by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

ISO temp. covered storage for Class C in San Fransico area.

Hello,I will need a covered storage location for our 32ft Class C in the San Fransico region, for about 2 months (early July to end of Augustus). I have been searching Craigslist for a while, but nothing comes up.Does anyone have any recommendations ...

Beun by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Those with Air bags what pressure do you set?

Along with my WD Hitch, I installed an Air Lift "ride control" kit. It allows me to vary pressure from 5-100lbs.Just looking to hear from others what pressures you have had most success with? Please keep the discussion limited to the various pressu...

95jersey by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeping Mice Out

Been working on sealing up any openings in the underside of the trailer that mice could use to get in. I've sealed up numerous gaps between the frame and the coroplast panel. I still have two openings in the I-beams where I'm fairly sure that mice ha...

Mounting Flat Screen In Bedroom

I want to mount a 24" flat screen TV on an interior wall in the rear bedroom, after checking it out, I found that the wall is 1/2" plywood, covered with 1/8" decorative paneling, I've mounted a 38" piece of 1x10 across the whole area to screw into st...

bukhrn by Explorer III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Faded Decals

The decorative decals on my 1999 Class C are pretty faded/worn/cracked.Does anyone have experience getting decals removed and replaced? Who does this kind of work? Thanks,Rich

Wheel chocks - Best for trailer?

Have a 27’ Airstream trailer and have had bad experiences with plastic wheel chocks that fit under the dual wheels. Are there better wheel chocks that are recommended?In looking online there are some that expand between the tires/wheels. Are those ...

John_S2 by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Protecting graphics with 303?

We have a brand new Cedar Creek. We want to keep the decals looking new. 303 is a UV blocker for tires with no petroleum distillates. I'm thinking about wiping down the decals after washing with 303. Would seem lots easier than keeping up with waxing...

Storage Suggestions 3 to 6 months for 5th wheel

Hello Looking to store a new 30 ft fifth wheel and truck in different areas of the midwest and east coast and Canada. Tired of the long drive back to West Coast. Idea appreciated on finding good storage spots around the country that we can fly into...

Is PTI really Permanent?

ok so I am about to sell my Tent Trailer and went to retrieve my paperwork. On the registration there is no exp date printed. There is however a handwritten note that says "expires" with a date that is 5 years after purchasing the trailer. That wo...

theczar by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes