RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Birds in refer vent on roof

Any ideas on how to keep sparrows from building a nest under the refer vent cover on roof? We have removed nest three times and they keep coming back. RV repair said there is no Good way to put a screen on to keep them out. We will be here another ...

Blue lock tite

I have some glass light covers that will not stay screwed in when traveling and I was wondering if I could use the blue lock tite on them to keep them attached when going down the highway??

Dual purpose bike rack - seeking recommendations.

We are looking for a dual purpose bike rack...Purpose 1 - hitch mount to the back of our vehicle for local usage. Purpose 2 - mount above A-frame (above propane tanks) on travel trailer, without interfering with the back of our Suburban. Don't know i...

Direct TV deadline April 30. 2019

Hello just wondering if you received this message in your email like I have and what you did about it?"Starting on 4/30/19, you will no longer be able to view your DIRECTV programming with your current equipment. But don't worry, we've got you covere...

15 inch LT tires

We just came back from a great 2700 mile trip. We did it just with the truck and rented a vacation home which was very nice and the first in 25 years of vacationing. We are planning on going again to various areas down there with the trailer, but I...

Towing Weight

I was curious about the weight of my truck and camper and decided to do some weighing. I first had my camper and truck weighed on a CAT truck scale, while loaded and came up with 2960 lbs for steering axle, 3320 drive axle and 5740 for the camper axl...

Wheel

I am looking for a wheel/rim to fit 245/70r 19.5 tire with 8 lug (steel)❚ Did you see "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top? Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to "posti...

PULLRITE SLIDER HITCH MAINTENANCE

I currently have a Pullrite 18K ISR installed on my rig. My question is what do you guys use that is effective and safe to remove old material from the way tubes? The way tubes on my hitch are pretty gunky after having massive sand storms pass throug...

Toll plazas - bus/truck lane or passenger car lane?

Since I have a dually towing the fiver, should I be going through any of the wider bus and truck lanes, or will I fit through the passenger car lanes? I've not had to cross any bridges yet nor have I passed a toll lane.

Lexx by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Dump Station Location Listings

Any one know of a web site or such that list dump stations of any given area? Both free and small fee.We want to flush out our system when we return home and then dump. We didn't bring our flush hose on this trip so we'll preform the maintanence at h...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

complaints when using a hughes autoformer

I am looking at a used hughes autoformer. I know some parks rules say they are not allowed. Some parks we have been in, I have seen voltage at @ 102 to 104 with my a/c on. I would be using a PI 3o amp surge protector in front of a hughes autoformer t...

Demco Excali-bar advice

I have a chance to buy for a good price a used Demco Excali-bar. I think this is the original model, not the the Excali-bar II. Any advice regarding this model? It is to occasionally tow a 2003 Tracker. I am a little concerned about how to release th...

tred0956 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes