RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Moderator note

Recently I had to delete a commercial advertisement. I sent an explanation to the poster, and "he/she" apologized for not reading the forum rules. I want to thank him/her for the apology. That does not happen very often.I will take this opportunity t...

DianneOK by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ready Brute Elite

A couple of questions on this system, for those that have them? I am setting up a 2013 Honda Fit 5 speed for towing behind my Winnie. This system interests me from a cost and simplicity sake.1) How do you adjust the brakes? How do you know when it...

BigCanoe by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Tornadoes while RVing

So we all know the USA gets a lot of twisters. Ever see that movie...Into The Storm? Well if you're in a RV and a tornado hits you get could be injured or even killed. Even from a weak EF0 or EF1. Nevermind the EF4 or EF5 monsters. There was a RV par...

yellowing plastic trim

The plastic trim around the door window, awning motors, and stove vent cover have yellowed over time. Is there a way to bleach these back to white or do I just paint them.

ike66 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

American Hauler Wiring Issues

As a full time living in a home made truck camper, I carry lots of tools, and it came to a point we had to invest in a cargo trailer, so we got a used, only used twice, American Hauler Air-Lite cargo, 5x8.So we been using it quite steady but recently...

ProPride 3P Hitch Question

Well... I stumbled across the 3P hitch info last night.. I was very intrigued by their videos, and I spent a couple of hours browsing this forum as well as some other online reviews. Their product is pretty much given high praise across the board.....

GoHorns by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

ryobi 2200w generator extended run tank

So its time to buy a generator, but I want to get one that can run a 6 gallon extended run tank by ipi industries. Ive got my eye on a ryobi 2200w generator, but I cant find any information if it can run the extended run tank without having to gravit...

LED light not coming on in MH

I have an invisi brake system. I have had it for about three years. The issue I have is the light inside does not come on when the brake is applied. The audio alert that is supposed to come on after about 20 seconds does not come on either. Howev...

One Trailer, Two tow vehicles

This is a weight distribution hitch question. I have a 2017 Starcraft 19BHS that I tow with my 2016 Toyota Highlander. I also have a 2008 Nissan Frontier that I would like to use once in a while to tow the trailer. The trailer is well within the towi...

KirkJB by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

descending steep driveway

My sister and her Husband own 4 acres of land in the mountains of Colorado. They just recently had a road graded in and invited us to camp on their property over memorial day weekend. I went to look at the property to see if we could do it with our...

Low profile car

I am trying to figure the geometry on this before i do some damage. I have tow dolly ( American) and want to tow a Mitsubishi Eclipse. I can get the car on the dolly but the clearance between the front clip and the front frame of the dolly is only ...

Towing a Honda CRV?

We are being offered a 2013 Honda CRV All Wheel Drive. Not listed in the 2013 Towing Guide. Can it be towed with four on the ground?

scbronco by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

TV wiring issues

We recently added a HDMI to our main TV in the main cabin area to use with Direct Tv HD DVR and now the Tv's in the master bedroom, garage and outdoor areas do not work. Any suggestions on additional wiring needed?We have a Voltage 3200 Toy Hauler....