RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

SumoSprings question

I'm looking at getting a pair of Sumosprings for the rear of my truck, and am wondering what difference it would make for the different weight ratings.I've emailed Supersprings with the following, but no reply so far."I'm looking at your SumoSprings ...

Maxxis M8008 or Carlisle Trail HD

I need new tires on my 5th wheel toy hauler. 235/80R16 E rated. It has Maxxis M8008s on it now from 2013 and they are starting to develop cracks on the sidewalls. We are going to be putting quite a few miles on it this year so new rubber is in order....

Brisk by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Any E rated tire in 205/75/14 or heaviest available.

I wanted to change out my wheels and tires to a 15" heavy duty wheel and tire but found out I don't have room to do so without a ton of work and welding to move one of my axels back because I have a Dexter axel on my TT. With that being said what is ...

ulvik by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

City And Fresh Water Fill

On my new 2017 Coleman 300qt Toy Hauler the city and fresh water fill are on the right side of the trailer near the door! First time I have ever seen that. So, I will have to run a hose under the trailer to connect to the city water supply... I ...

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How big an issue is weight?

Maybe I'm a stickler for weight, but given four facts:1: The insurance company knows my make/model/year of TT.2: The make/model has the dry/wet weight easily cross referenced.3: The insurance company knows my make/model/year of TV.4: That can be ...

How to accept payment for Travel Trailer

I will be putting my Travel Trailer up for sale soon (just bought a Class A). I have never sold something like this privately before. I was trying to trade it in on the Class A but they really gave me a low ball offer. How do must people except pa...

Summer storage in Arizona

Hello:Don't know if this is the correct place for this question but here goes. We are planning to leave our 5th wheel in Arizona over the summer and am wondering what if anything is suggested for ventilation or leaving water in a bucket for moisture...

Paul_G_ by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Mopar Wiring harness 82211156AB

We finally pulled the trigger on our new Class A. I am now trying to get my 2015 Jeep Wrangler setup to tow. I have purchased the mopar wiring harness to install for the lights and turn signals. In reading some posts on one of the Jeep forums, som...

New (maybe) Class A owner and Jeep JK

We might be pulling the trigger on a new Class A motorhome this weekend. I have a 2015 Jeep wrangler JK that I would like to use as a toad. I currently have a TT so I am totally new to the motorhome thing. I know there are several hitches and supp...

Is this really the only 5th wheel hitch option?

Hi,My wife and I are getting our first RV on Thursday and are supper excited! However, today we went to look for a hitch and the sales person said the only option for my 5 1/2 foot bed (2013 Ford F-150) is the Pullrite 12K Superglide 3100, coming in ...

bdepaauw by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel partner

Last year was my first in an RV. I traveled from Tarpon Springs, FL to Nova Scotia, Quebec City, Montreal, etc. then back home. 7500 miles, 4 1/2 mos. just me and my cat.It was an amazing adventure but so much was lost by not having someone to shar...

NEW DOT Re-Cert Requirement for propane cylinders

NEW DOT Re-certification NOW 10 yrs after date of mfg. stamped on collar (EFFECTIVE Jan. 23, 2017)Visual inspection ----still good for 5 yrsProof Pressure Test...was good for 7 yrs---NOW good for 10 yrsVolumetric Expansion Test...was good for 12 yrs-...

What would you add to your RV experience?

Just curious. What would you add? I am talking of the overall experience, not a new washing machine or tech stuff! For instance, what could parks provide? If you had your druthers, what would you wish for?