RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Mosquitos

We're headed down to Daddy Joe's in Tabor City, NC next week. All I hear is how nice the place is but the skeeters can be big enough to carry off small children. What's the latest and greatest thing these days for fighting off mosquitos? We really en...

HELP! Wife wants to go camping!!!!

Ok a little preamble....I've been camping all my life, Tents, Backpacking, Motorcycles, Truck Campers, and now a Toy Hauler. My wife went on exactly one camping trip with me 30 years ago. A PU truck camper with no shower and no toilet.....That did it...

Tow/Haul Mode (is it needed in my case)

I have a 2008 Ford F-350 6.4L V8 diesel (my first diesel truck). With it, I tow a Starcraft Autumn Ridge 197FBH which had a GVWR of 6200 lbs. I also live in Colorado. My question is should I use the tow/haul mode on the truck? I ask because my MPG re...

malechi by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Been reading post on electrical

And was wondering if my thinking was right.Are Rv park pedistals that have 50, 30, & 20 amp services in one pedistals wired with 6 gauge wire for the 50 amp breaker, then a #10 jumper from one 50 amp leg to the 30 amp and another jumper from the seco...

Tiger8r by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Transfer Pump for my Cooler

We keep a cooler in our RV to keep drinks in and we have a portable ice maker right beside it. I would like to find a manual water transfer pump to pump water from the cooler as it melts to the ice maker. We currently dip it out but it is hard to get...

jeffo by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

No water coming out of the faucets

Need help with my new to me RV. With water supply hooked up to the RV and turned on, water comes out of all of the faucets. When I turn off the water supply and try to run off of the tank no water comes out of the faucets. The water pump was on as I ...

AGC by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting customer service attitude

Have a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser with basement air. Brought it home yesterday to do some work on it and started the a/c. The unit was making a noise I hadn't heard before, so went online to the ColemanAirexcel site to locate a service shop There were 3...

Romer1 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Campgrounds Etiquette

I know this is a dead horse but I found my stick to beat it. Should campgrounds have basic etiquette guidelines printed on their maps and handouts? We have been to some State Parks here in Texas that do. I guess it just bugs me when people come wa...

WDH Bar Weight Spec

I have, what I think, is an Eaz Lift WDH hitch. I got it used and have no idea what the weight rating on the bars is.There are no stickers or any markings on the bars. Is there any way to determine the weight rating based on diameter, length, etc?Gar...

Water capacity?

Just spent the last four day's dry camping in northern MN at a ATV/UTV event. Where we where camping in an open field. And between two guys and one Gal my water tank lasted two days. With one shower each half way through. My buddy and I are use to co...

STANG23L by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

F150 towing and actual scale weights

We purchased a new travel trailer, Laredo 331BH with a Blue Oz WD/Sway.I have a F150 with the max tow package.Truck Curb weight of 5687lbs.GVWR = 7650Max Trailer = 11,200 LBSGCWR = 17,100CamperGVWR = 9635GAWR = 4370Unloaded = 7930We pulled it home an...

dthfsa by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Amazed and Disgusted

I've been in this park many times over the past 20 years, and never have I seen such behavior. In the past three days, I've watched folks dump fish cooker oil in a fire pit, not at their site, but in the vacant site next to them. Another guy washed h...