RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Power to inverter and bathroom gfi

I lost power to my inverter converter and can't find a fuse for the AC power. Also, no power to the GFI in the bathroom. Anywhere else to look for fuses, circuit breakers, etc?

sprnt12 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

popular rv/trailer accessories

hi everyone. I work at a storage facility and we've had a huge influx of RVs and trailers and we want to provide for our customers so I'm curious what items/issues you all always have. What does your storage facility provide or not provide that you a...

bringing alcohol back to canada

When out of Canada for more than a week you are allowed to bring back one bottle of wine/liquor or 1 case of beer. We have been vacationing for several weeks and have a half case of beer and a few part bottles of wine/spirits. Anyone know the rules r...

chicken or the egg? question

Friends just retired and left for a 3 week Motorhome trip. I week in, wife emails my wife and says everybody in the campgrounds have dogs! So is it people who have dogs travel in thier RV's or People who travel in RV's, like a dog for extra company?

Need a Propane Grill

Need to replace our portable charcoal Weber grill with a portable propane grill of the same design. Apparently this grill has been redesigned and gets horrible reviews. So, looking at the Weber Q 1200 propane grill, but am open to suggestions. Anyo...

Geobiker by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Air bags

What exactly do air bags do? I do not have a problem with tongue weight, GVWR, nor GCWR. What I do have is a stiff ride and a wife with a VERY bad back (2 failed back surgeries). Will air bags smooth the ride out?

manley by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Money and costs.

I guess, for a variety of reasons, finally, in our 70's and after 40+ years of RVing in various forms, we seem to have a little more spendable cash. For example, we decided we wanted a bedroom window awning for our 30 ft. Class C and we felt free to...

Volunteers needed at COE parks in NW Arkansas

2 Corps of Engineers parks around Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas need volunteers to staff their day use booths collecting fees for day use, shelter rentals and boat launches. You work 3 days a week, Fri, Sat & Sunday. There is a background check required...

New To Towing (Help)

My wife and I will be travelling across country next year (4500km) and would like to buy a small TT but don't know where to start. My TV specs are listed below.2009 Dodge Journey SXT3.5L V6 6-speed (auto stick)Tow package (rated 3,500lbs)Traction Con...

Sheets for RV matress

Hey All,We have a king size sleep number bed in our 2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator. I measured the mattress and it was 72" X 80". Regular king sized sheets are 78" X 80" so they are very large and loose, which I really don't like. Can anyone share...

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Let's Go Camping

Weeee doggies Granny, it's warming up and time for Camping. Maybe we can visit the hills of Beverly, California that is.

Rattlesnakes can climb trees? (long)

On to the tree climbing part in a bit. But first the story. And I realize you folks from snake country will give this story a yawn and a snort.But here goes, last week DW, 10 year old GD, my Lab, and myself. Are walking the trails at Hovenweep nati...