RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Furnace lighting problem

Our new 2015 TT has a suburban furnace. When the propane has been shut off and re lighted it may take 5 or 6 cycles for the furnace to ignite. I expect that as the air must get out of the system after the line has been without propane. On past trips ...

Odor coming from underneath the bathroom sink

I know this has been addressed before and seems to be a common problem but I'm wondering if there is anything new on it. We have a Monaco Dynasty and underneath the bathroom sink, there are two black valves at the top of pipes to let air in but not ...

Invisibrake dead tow battery problem

we tow a 2013 ford explorer limited and had Invisibrake installed by an RV dealership. I have had two instances where the unit would not operate at all . then on one long trip we stopped after 4 hours on the road for a break. started the car just fi...

kswitz by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Terrific service...Weber grill

We have a Weber gas grill we bought 15 years ago. Recently the thermometer quit working. I called Weber and they sent me a new one....no charge. Imagine that.

update....A note about fridge 'boards'.

I have a 99 RV with a NORCOLD unit and had to order a new board. The new board came as a 'kit'..two boards..the power board and a new brow..the one that has the buttons on the front. Good thing, too. The new power board does NOT talk to the old. So.....

Scarey and Puzzling

2 yrs ago we bought a 2002 30 ft. Class C and the Blue Ox towing set up that came with it and tow a Chevy Sonic. We've already travelled many thousands of miles with no towing issues. But 2 days ago I slowed down near an interstate ramp and slightly ...

Extra_POI_Editor

Has anyone used Extra_POI_Editor to edit their GPS files. If so is it easy to use? I see all these POI you can down load but they are not in the format I need. I have a TomTom Via and the files I want are in a different format. Any help, other the ge...

Is it safe to use WD hitch when raining?

I noticed since my tow vehicle is rear wheel drive, the rear wheels would 'wiggle' more when raining. So when raining, is it advisable not to use WD hitch so the tongue weight of travel trailer would push more on the tow vehicle's rear wheels and be ...

Asian Beetles....again!

We've just had our annual hatch of Asian Beetles; I was hoping we'd escaped it but no such luck. The pest control guy will be here next Monday to spray the house and garage. However, we're considering having him spray the outside of the 5er as well...

8ntw8tn by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

fuel stabilizer

Do folks have a preference? I've always used seafoam. On my small engines.. (weed whacker, lawn mower, snowblower etc) I will be starting the RV every month during storage, and hopefully moving it a few feet forward and backward and of course exer...

suprz by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

wind

We had a windy night while we were out this weekend and it got me to thinking. How high wind speed would it take directly from the side to flip a parked trailer?

frizzen by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes