RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Park Host, southwest Oregon, July 7, 2015

Park Host - Illinois River Forks State ParkPosition starts July 7, 2015 Illinois River Forks State Park is located in southwest Oregon a half mile south of Cave Junction, the gateway to Oregon Caves National Monument. Volunteers are provided with a R...

slide topper rip

There is about a 1 inch tear on the side of the topper. Any ideas how to keep it from ripping more? I was thinking of a super tape. Has anyone tried that or something else. thanks

Anyone looking for a 7 passenger toad vehicle in NC?

..We just traded one of our vehicles, a Kia Sedona minivan, that is set up for flat towing. It has base plates, tail-light wiring (diodes), as well as a Remco transmission lube pump installed. I removed the Remco lube pump monitor panel from the Mo...

willald by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

short term cable contracts

We will be leaving our TT on a site in central FL for two months over the summer, using it on weekends.Are there any suggestions on which packages to pick, or to watch out for?We don't need more than local channels for news and weather, but won't get...

Lets talk tires

In 2012 I replaced my tires with BF Goodrich Commercial T/A A/S in size LT235/85 R16 LRE.I somewhat remember after I put them on I got a safety recall notice from BF Goodrich.It said "It is important that all recalled tires be removed from service as...

RedRam by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep toad rear auxiliary lights-where to mount them

I want to put auxiliary (magnetic type) lights on the rear of my jeep unlimited-which is my new toad vehicle. The roof is fiberglass and the rear bumper is plastic so I am having a hard time finding something to attach the lights to. I thought about...

sh4717 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Lap Sealant vs Eternabond Tape

So here I am on the roof of our 2013 TT. That's because during a recent driving rain we got water on the carpet below a vent. Yep, two years old and the vent covers look like they are at least 10 years old and a small crack has appeared in the plasti...

Dave_Pete by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Dolly Recomendations

I would like to see if there are tow dolly that are recommended by the groups. I will be using my 2011 Class C (F450 chassis) to tow either my 2014 Ford Explorer or 2009 VW Jetta. In your opinion, is electric brakes needed? I will be towing mainly i...

Where to buy a used RV

I am looking for a used Class C and am wondering what part of the country would be best to look for one given climate conditions and the affect on an older unit.

Hpymils by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

My Daul Cam after approx. 15000 miles of towing.

So I finally painted my A-frame and bumper. With that I also finally got a chance to swap my cams right-left. they were pretty well worn. so now I`m using what used to be the bottom side as the new surface. these cams have been on 2 different trailer...

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Best time to buy an RV?

I plan to buy a 2015 Spree Connect C232IKS travel trailer sometime in the future. I live in PA and am not in a hurry.Price wise, what is the best month of the year to buy one and get the best price. In other words... When do dealers put their invento...

vanvoast by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaking pressure release valve

Just replaced to hot water tank pressure release valve and re- establish the air pocket in the tank , but alas its still leaking. Could be a bad valve? Or any other suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks Skipg

Skipg by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes