cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bees in your A/C?

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
SInce coming back from Florida in May, our trailer has been sitting in the driveway. Last week went up to clean the roof. Noticed a lot of bees flying around. But didn't really pay a whole lot of attention. But did notice pretty high activity. I AM allergic to bee stings.

It finally occurred to me they were flying in and out of the A/C. Sprayed it down. But the bees still came in and out. More spray. Less bees...but some. Wait til dusk...More spray. A few bees...More spray. A few in air shots. No stings...yet. Shooting from the ladder. Those 20 foot shooting cans are great.

Got the guts to remove the A/C shroud. That really got them going. Quick draw on the squirt can. This is WAR. Escaped by scrambling down the ladder. Feeling like a guy on a rattlesnake roundup. Squirt, step, squirt, step, etc...

A bees nest about the size of a volley ball. Really??? In only two months????

Call in the heavy artillary. In the bed of the pick up some 30 feet away. Hey...I ain't no sniper....Fire up the pressure washer. With the 0* tip. Blast away. One shot, 2000 Kills.

DW comes out..."Bob....Just what the heII do you think you're doing? " At least she won't have bees in the trailer when she lights up the A/C.

Yeah...Bob's a friggen bee killer.

Don't let this happen to you.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.
21 REPLIES 21

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
A good size CO2 extinguisher would have gotten them too and safer from close up at night.
If you had had the time a call to a fire house might have gotten you a beekeeper or connection to one. Bess are having a hard time surviving GMOs and Nicatoids on crops and pesticides on lawns. A Bee Keeper would gladly came out and collected taken them off your hands. Bees are a valuable commodity.
He would have located the queen and put her in a box and all the other bees would have followed. He may have left the box there for a time to make sure any out rambling came back.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I was allergic to bee stings I think I would have found some neighborhood teenager to kill them for me and then have given him a few bucks for his trouble.

Those cans that soot 20 feet are one of the greatest inventions of our time.

Congrats on winning the battle. I hope you got the queen because if you didn't you may not yet have one the war.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
If the mass of bees was shaped like a ball, as the OP reported, all this battle was completely unnecessary!

The bees were NOT starting a colony, they were "swarming" and moving. They would have left on their own in a few days.

Good fight though.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I'm SHOCKED! No pictures of the battle?
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
A bunch of wasps built a papery nest in the seat of my paddle boat that was leaning against a shed...very similar story. Two of us shaking cans and spraying away...my six word story: I love flowers, I hate bees.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
BOB,,, peta is on there way! good shootin.lol

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, been there, done that. 3 years ago, yellow jackets built a hive so big and strong that the A/C fan could not turn. Took 2 cans of the spray to kill them off and then take off the shroud, what a mess.