cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best brand of recliner chairs

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
This will be the first time I have ever shopped for a new chair. What are your thoughts on the best brands?
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"
25 REPLIES 25

sleepyT
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
I own a very nice Lazy Boy recliner, but there are much better recliners on the market! Ekornes and Flexsteel are two of them. And if you want really tough, then you want Firestation Outfitters Recliners. Any recliner warranted to hold up for 5 years in any 24 hour manned fire station has to be good:W!!!

Who sowed those firestation recliners up Dr. Frankinstine. La-Z-Boy is the best...made in AMERICA. I have one of their recliners I bought 10 years ago. Two springs broke in the seat, La-Z-Boy ordered the replacement springs for me and shipped them to me all FREE of charge. Did I mention it was 10 years after I bought the recliner.!!!!!!
ROSIE&TOMMY
2007 GMC 2500HD DURA MAX/ALLISON
2013 CRUISER PATRIOT 305SK

IN GOD WE TRUST
SEMPER FI

DHart
Explorer
Explorer
We bought two Lazy Boys a few years ago and felt they were just "ok". Their mechanical method of operating was odd, a bit difficult to do, and we grew to increasingly dislike them over time. So we got rid of them. Though Lazy Boy has incredible name recognition for recliners, after our experience with them, we were not happy with the mechanical design of the model we bought. Perhaps there are better mechanical designs offered by Lazy Boy than the ones we had... not sure.

We're much happier now with two made by "Best Chairs". We bought the first one from Countryside RV Interiors in Junction City, OR. We liked it so much that we ordered another one, this time from a typical, "conventional" home furnishings store.

Our coach came with two sofas, one on each side of the living room. For extended or full-time RV living, we think sofas are uncomfortable, so we started by removing the curbside sofa and replaced it with recliners... MUCH better!

Before our recent move to Arizona, we lived full-time in the coach for a year and a half with these recliners and they are awesome. Back comes off easily for getting in and out of the coach. They are wall-hugger, so they can recline without hitting the wall behind you. They are compact, but not too small. Swivel. Rock. Recline. All great features to have.

I fall asleep in mine all the time... basically it's a comfy bed masquerading as a chair! If we ever had to replace them, I'd buy the same ones all over again as they are well-made, durable, hold up well for extended use, operate very smoothly and easily, are very comfortable, AND they are the perfect size for an RV.

BRAND: BEST CHAIRS
MODEL: PICOT
PRODUCT # 2NW79LV
BASE: Swivel, rocker, recliner
FABRIC: Leather and vinyl 41366 K-L Chocolate and 18366 K-V chocola

On Best Home Furnishings website:
http://www.besthf.com/best/Furniture/Recliners/Medium/PICOT

Be sure to specify the swivel/rocker/recliner, as the swivel option is very nice to have for use in an RV.

Our year and a half in the coach with the recliners has so converted us to the comfort of recliners that our new house in Scottsdale now has recliners in nearly every room. So comfortable!
=======================
2016 Newmar Bay Star 3124

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Ekornes Stressless is what I chose for our motorhome. It was pricey, especially since I had it shipped by UPS from the factory. Fortunately I had a close friend in Sweden who arranged the purchase and the shipping:

width=640
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Free_Range_Huma
Explorer
Explorer
THANK YOU so much for asking this! We're in the process of replacing our MH sofa...such a small space. This will give us more options than La-z-Boy.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
How good are Barco Loungers, and where are they made?

cire
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Lambright two years ago. The seating suspension stretched for us after one year. (I'm a 260# guy.) This causes you to sit lower in the chair. Last year I tightened the belts up. This year I had to do it again. A pain in the neck. I never had such problems with my Flexsteel.

I liked the idea of buying from an Amishman but next time it will be some other brand.
Eric Perplies
full timing since 6/04 with best friend and wife: Suzie
1996 Bluebird Wanderlodge, 42'
towing a 14' Honda CRV

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see by the replies, you need to go "shopping" and do *YOUR* own homework.

LazyBoy is a good start - although I have two (very expensive) Lazy Boys in my S&B - that we are not happy with.

And yeah - we did LOTS and lots - of "shopping and sitting" prior to
purchase.

*If* you buy in-expensive recliners you *may* be better off - when/if
down the road you don't like them - or they prematurely wear out..;)

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
How does one attach a home style recliner to a Motor Home.

SLOW-1 wrote:
I bought a Simmons recliner at Big Lots in December...I had been shopping for a new recliner for 2 years and when I sat down in it I knew it was the one.

Two bonuses:

It was on sale for $250 AND its MADE IN THE USA!

SLOW-1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Simmons recliner at Big Lots in December...I had been shopping for a new recliner for 2 years and when I sat down in it I knew it was the one.

Two bonuses:

It was on sale for $250 AND its MADE IN THE USA!
Take time to be nice to someone today.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 32 (454 Chevy)
Check out our first cross country trip.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
blucrabbie wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
We took the FlexSteel leather recliners and couch out of our 02 Avion Platinum and put in our DRV. 12 years later they still look like new. Very nice soft leather. I have looked at LazyBoys and in my opinion they sure are not the quality that the older ones were.

What is DRV and where do you get them?

Originally known as Double Tree now they are called DRV. DoubleTree RV

Moblie Suites and Elite Suites along with Tradition.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
We took the FlexSteel leather recliners and couch out of our 02 Avion Platinum and put in our DRV. 12 years later they still look like new. Very nice soft leather. I have looked at LazyBoys and in my opinion they sure are not the quality that the older ones were.

What is DRV and where do you get them?
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
I do furniture repair work, among which is recliner repair.

I have a 35 year old La-z-boy. I don't think the models of today are near the quality of the older units.

Hancock and Moore is very good for leather. Bradington-Young is good in general, if you want fabric.

One trouble-prone area is the cable releases, either on the outside arm or between the inside arm and the seat cushion. I buy replacements 20 at a time from the manufacturer. Much better to have a lever or just lean back, IMO.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I take my naps in a Lazy Boy.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We've owned Ekornes (too expensive) and sat in Lambrights (too hard) up in IN. We keep coming back to Lazyboys.

Yesterday, we bought two new Rocker/Recliners for $399.95 on sale at a local furniture store to replace a LB leather loveseat. Leather was more, but we've had the same brown leather and the cat's scratch it and DH wears off the color.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."