cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best brand of recliner chairs

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
This will be the first time I have ever shopped for a new chair. What are your thoughts on the best brands?
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"
25 REPLIES 25

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
We took the FlexSteel leather recliners and couch out of our 02 Avion Platinum and put in our DRV. 12 years later they still look like new. Very nice soft leather. I have looked at LazyBoys and in my opinion they sure are not the quality that the older ones were.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Ramblin_Recks
Explorer
Explorer
tsetsaf wrote:
This will be the first time I have ever shopped for a new chair. What are your thoughts on the best brands?

We have learned that buying a recliner is much like buying clothes, you have try it on to see if it fits. We have had many different brands over the years and think that Lazy Boy is one of the best.
George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640W Solar, MPPT60, Magnum 2000
Retired Army, but still working....until 2016

FLman2
Explorer
Explorer
Another one that would recommend Ekornes. We have three of them, and found them far more comfortable than the other brands.

ronfisherman
Lambright recliners.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We have two BEST recliners we bought years ago to replace our one sofa in the motorhome. We use them daily, as we full time, and they are wearing very well after several years of use to date. They come apart into two pieces like the Lazy boy and were easy to move into the space. I am not a fan of Lazy Boys, having had several. These are actually similar to a particular model of Lazy Boy, but I still find the Lazy Boy uncomfortable. My husband is tall and I am very short, so we had to find something we both were comfortable in and these chairs fit the bill.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
I own a very nice Lazy Boy recliner, but there are much better recliners on the market! Ekornes and Flexsteel are two of them. And if you want really tough, then you want Firestation Outfitters Recliners. Any recliner warranted to hold up for 5 years in any 24 hour manned fire station has to be good:W!!!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
Ekornes Stressless
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
We got two Lane recliners that are small enough to go where a couch used to be. They are ok but think a small lazy boy platform recliner(we have one in S&B) would have been better.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
As they said, Lazy Boy. We bought 2 that are smaller with removable backs and they were under $400.00 each if I remember correctly. Very comfortable.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lazy boy is number one for a reason.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like Lazy boy for the camper, east to get in and out with the removeable back. Might not be the best though.