cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beware of scammers!!!

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
Browsing through ebay I came across "Brand New Honda EU2000i Inverter Generator Combo Package kit." from "pocketrocketparts" for a price of $1650.55. It sounds like a good deal. If you read the fine print though, it says it comes with everything but the generators!! Better hurry, those parallel cables selling for $1650.55 might go fast. I sent a question to the seller and asked what exactly he was selling and he replied "everything in the picture except the generators. I also reported it to eBay but the listing is still active. I did submit a "Best Offer" of $16.50 but he declined. BE CAREFULL!!
E.Lee Galik
48 REPLIES 48

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Since the eBay seller has good feedback, I suspect the account may have been hijacked by someone else that will soon disappear.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

RJCorazza
Explorer
Explorer
The generator cable guy has reposted his $1600 cables again.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to find the Kids a place in or near Savannah area a few years ago we ran across photos of the same place under different names and different rents.
none of them existed.
Found one listing she wanted a fair price. She was in Africa, on assignment and so on.
The house did not belong to her.
Sign of the times. Even a realtor, in Michigan tried to con us.
She was stuck in Africa and needed money to get home.
Didn't take potential Buyers to see the lot or even answer several inquires.

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
This area, just east of Redding, Ca. is over run with dopers and other crooks. Lots of scammers. Palo Cedro is a small town in Northen California. Not even a police Dept. there. Good place to be from!

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Fresno Tundra Driver wrote:
winnietrey wrote:
Interesting feedback for sure. I do think we are responsible for our own decision making but this reeks with blatant immorality. Caveat emptor!! I did have some dialog with him through email. When he refused my 16.50 offer, he countered with 1650.55. I submitted another offer of one dollar along with the concerns I had. He didn't reply. He also did not post my question regarding what was included at the bottom of his listing. He was(is)looking for easy prey.

I agree, I feel pretty stupid for giving him the benefit of doubt. He has proved himself guilty

You, playing devils advocate, gave him the benefit of the doubt. I like to do that too. I wish we could be more trusting of our fellow man but we just can't anymore, present company excluded of course. This guy is the Grinch who stole someone's Christmas.

Thank You, I appreciate your post

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Don't know IT SAYS decal very plainly and shows a picture of it in the ad plus others. What is the problem?
And it also says to apply all 4 decals!!!
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
winnietrey wrote:
Interesting feedback for sure. I do think we are responsible for our own decision making but this reeks with blatant immorality. Caveat emptor!! I did have some dialog with him through email. When he refused my 16.50 offer, he countered with 1650.55. I submitted another offer of one dollar along with the concerns I had. He didn't reply. He also did not post my question regarding what was included at the bottom of his listing. He was(is)looking for easy prey.

I agree, I feel pretty stupid for giving him the benefit of doubt. He has proved himself guilty

You, playing devils advocate, gave him the benefit of the doubt. I like to do that too. I wish we could be more trusting of our fellow man but we just can't anymore, present company excluded of course. This guy is the Grinch who stole someone's Christmas.
E.Lee Galik

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
weathershak wrote:
Whats Ebay? Come to think of it Whats a Craigs list?:B JMO, but I am glad to say I don't need em. If I cant put my hands on it, I wont buy it. Now as long as Amazon keeps doin me good. LOL

Just curious, how you put your hands on things from Amazon?:S
And yes you DO out your hands on thing from Craigslist:S

How do I put my hands on things? I touch the picture on the computer screen.:W I trust Amazon at the moment vs Craigs or Ebay. I do not buy high dollar items as of yet. Everything I have bought on Amazon has been cheaper than any RV store so far.
Full timing it since July 2012

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
E.Lee Galik

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
winnietrey wrote:
powderman426 wrote:
Good news for those looking for an expesive set of cables. He has listed two more of them, only this time the price is ONLY $500.00

And if you don't think he is a scammer, I some beachfront property in Arizona you may be interested in. :B

Looks like $1000, not $500.

Yep, I have been proven wrong, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

And dog gone it, I almost made it through the whole year without being wrong once! LOL

My first thought was that he had two listings, but no. He has now changed the price to $1000. I actually don't see the $500 or $1000 price to be as deceiving as the $1650 was as that price had some chance of being maybe possible.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

stevec22
Explorer
Explorer
I also saw this ad for the Honda Generator kit. I sent him an email a week ago asking what was included. He told me it was just the cables. Generators not included.

I did not bother to ask if he was nuts, but I really wanted to. He is definitely trying to scam people with the Auction
1998 Foretravel U320

2005 GMC Yukon 5.2L 3.42

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
powderman426 wrote:
Good news for those looking for an expesive set of cables. He has listed two more of them, only this time the price is ONLY $500.00

And if you don't think he is a scammer, I some beachfront property in Arizona you may be interested in. :B

Looks like $1000, not $500.

Yep, I have been proven wrong, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

And dog gone it, I almost made it through the whole year without being wrong once! LOL

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
People calling it a scam are the ones who take no resposibility for their own actions.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com