cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Time RV - travel channel

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Just watched this for the first time. I think I like it. NORMAL people with NORMAL motorhomes get updates to their existing coach. Shows how they do it. Nothing bizzare, simple stuff like replacing dinetts, installing new counter tops, drawers, washer-dryer, stuff. Not the billion dollar MH's or the billion dollar renovations. Just simple stuff for the common person.

I'll watch it again... Travel Channel. I like it MUCH better than the Extreme RV's that are so outrageous, it's ridiculous!

Just though I'd pass it on!

Happy Camping.

(Having knee surgery tomorrow, so am pretty much confined right now, nothing to do but watch television. So catching up on all these RV shows ... I'll probably go insane over the next 5 days. I'm not good at being "immobile" and these RV shows just make me want to go out and tinker with the camper!)
18 REPLIES 18

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, its just for fun and not realty. Sit back, enjoy and chuckle. Not aimed at the experienced RVer.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Oh wow! It has a back up camera! And a awning! Where do I sign? Sure wish Stew would come back.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
I got a kick out of two guys buying a MH for a "party bus", as they put it.

They settled on one, and when the one asked the salesman how much, the reply was in the high $900,000's.

The buyer gave a price about $15,000 less, and asked if they would accept that! You can imagine how fast the salesman said YES! LOL

They got $15k off an almost 1 million dollar coach! What a deal! LOL

I bet they could have gotten at least 100k off! What losers.

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
If normal is $500,000 up I guess this is ok. If normal is $15,00 to $50,00 this aint it.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
Fun show to watch. The first time it was on they showed several people driving including a salesman passenger with no seat belt. Right after the show on a Sunday I e-mailed Lazydays about it and received a reply in about an hour. I was told that they would contact the producers. PS my wife and I were EMTs for 20 years.
Dick OK

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I watched it tonight and I was not impressed. True, there were no multimillion dollar rigs, but there was nothing I could come close to buying. Most were in the $200,000 to over $400,000 range.

Guess I won't bother watching it next week.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess that they went thru a bunch of RV's, but there is not time to show that on a 1/2 hour show, so they pick the two best, and show them.

Kind of like House Hunters. They show them three houses, and they pick one.

However, sometimes they let it drop that they have looked at MANY houses, sometimes over 100!

BigDaddyHfx
Explorer
Explorer
Most of it is unbelievable. I've only seen two episodes but they were choosing between just two RV's. We went to a RV show and looked at about 30 that could have been good choices. A couple of them rented for a weekend a brand new, never used RV. Only saw one bunch camping (friends who bought 2 RV'S) and they were in small terrible looking sites.

I guess unless the come here to find some "real" RVers we just I just have to accept their version of reality or not watch.

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Whether someone is buying a $million Prevost or a "regular" lower price RV, I also enjoy the show. The expensive ones give us ideas how we may upgrade our not so expensive motorcoach.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I've watched it a few times. They have people buying pop ups and Prevosts. I watch it every Sunday Night.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
But is a band travel buss, REALLY an RV/ recreational vehicle. Or is transportation for your job
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's entertaining.

People that agree on list price? A bit phony.

TT's or 5er's?

Cummings instead of Cummins.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds good since the first shows were pretty lame. The couple that was looking for the $400k MH and ended up buying a $600k MH because the wife said "Daddy always told her she could have anything she wanted" and the dog approved, was nauseating. I'm happy for anyone that can afford those high dollar rv's but let's see real people too.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw an advertisement for the show. Sunday 8:00 pm Travel Channel. They must show re-runs through the week since it was on this morning...