cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boredom

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there ANYONE who could possibly be as bored as I am right now, certainly I am the only one that owns an RV that is sitting at home.We came back from a week long family reunion in northern NY 2 week ago, now we are waiting to leave on our New England + trip, Va to OH to Niagara Falls, and 3 other places across NY state, then to VT, NH, and on to ME to stuff as much Lobster in my face as it will possibly hold, then on to Cape Cod, just in case the Lobster wears off on the ride, then back to Southern NY, and back home by sometime in October.
But the 4 weeks between the two trips has been excruciating. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
23 REPLIES 23

Electrojake
Explorer
Explorer
Bored?
I recently retired and the crew I worked with told me I would get bored and end up coming back to work or getting another job.

Well...
That was 18 months ago and I'm still waiting to get bored. As a matter of fact now that I'm retired it seems 24 hours in a day simply isn't enough to get everything done each day.

Honestly, I had no idea that being an retired old-fart was going to be this wonderful.
Just my 2 cents worth. ๐Ÿ™‚

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get busier. Get more exercise. Spend time helping someone. Spend time with animals especially dogs, horses and mules. Call someone and tell them you love them. Commit random acts of kindness, then you cannot possibly be bored.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I had an artificial disk put in last week to fix a ruptured C6C7 disc. I've been couch bound for the past week and medicated so I cannot do much. Hopefully will be released to drive on July 31 so I can at least get out of the house. It feels like it's been four months since in had my surgery when it's only been five days.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Be a tourist in your own backyard! When we stopped RVing and being gone lots of weekends we started investigating around our own area again. You'd be surprised what you may be missing. Go for a walk, ride your bike, go shopping, paint your house, learn a new skill, drink yourself silly, try new restaurants-just do!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Here is something you can do, plan your trip!

I have created a group to help visitors get around the WNY & Niagara
Falls. Don't forget to check out the Group Forum for more information.

Niagara Falls things to do & done.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
wax on wax off and the time will fly.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know, its a shame... if someone were to make a decedent offer then I just might seriously consider giving it a a new home.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
d3500ram wrote:
When I am really bored I will cut a hole in the rug and watch the floor show....

When I am really, really bored I will get some fly paper and make a kite.....:)

...but work is so busy I am never really bored... so much so that it has been 3 years and have used the camper once in that time :(
Yikes :E :E
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I am really bored I will cut a hole in the rug and watch the floor show....

When I am really, really bored I will get some fly paper and make a kite.....:)

...but work is so busy I am never really bored... so much so that it has been 3 years and have used the camper once in that time ๐Ÿ˜ž
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.