cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boycott Walmart in Seguin TX

writerwithwheel
Explorer
Explorer
I have been drycamping various places in and around Seguin. after hassles with 18 wheelers in many of the locations, the local police suggested I park at Walmart.

I have been parking with NO NOISE, NO GENERATOR, NO SLIDEOUTS,
NO FURNITURE, NO AWNING.

Yesterday one of their employees got in my face because I have been there EVERY NIGHT. Me and several others who are unemployed, homeless
or just can't find housing in this toilet of a town.

I have also been spending virtually all of my cash and now Food Stamps
at Walmart.

Today, I move and all spending stops. I would appreciate you joining in my boycott. An average of 4-6 RV's a night stop at this location.

In fact, I will encourage you to Boycott Walmart PERIOD. NATIONWIDE.

Help me teach them a valuable economic lesson.
103 REPLIES 103

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's a troll post, nothing more. ๐Ÿ˜‰

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
You all do realize the OP is not going to read any of this. He just posted his rant and took off (just like in his first post from 2014).

where are these posts? IIRC it said 14 posts over the years but only one popped up?
bumpy

You've actually responded to at least one of his prior posts before:
http://forums.trailerlife.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27921350/print/true.cfm

You have to search outside of the forum - the internal forum doesn't find them.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
supposedly he has made 14 posts. can only find the one?????
bumpy

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Why the attack GDE? Far as I can tell, I did nothing except point out he has made other posts. As far as any "claim" I made, google it for yourself. And by the way they were not one hit wonder posts.

But end of the day I quit. You win

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
korbe wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
You all do realize the OP is not going to read any of this. He just posted his rant and took off (just like in his first post from 2014).

GMTA.
Prolly just a regular poster with a 2nd ID who enjoys pot stirring.

Second ID? Hey, what a dandy idea - never thought of that. Wonder if anyone actually does that? Could stir up alota pot!! :B

Give it a shot. Just remember which character is which screen name. I've seen them get busted when they use phrasing, punctuation, or certain words between the screen names. Then there are the ones who forget to switch back to their regular screen name and post a response by the "fake OP" by their regular screen name.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
DryCreek wrote:
Crowe wrote:
LOL! I'm imagining this guy sitting in the living room of his million dollar home, glass of Chardonnay in his hand, little princess dog on his lap, laughing is butt off at all of us. I will say this has been amusing and a great social experiment. I've noticed one common thing, though. This group will jump through hoops to help those who TRULY need it BUT have no tolerance for the slackers in life. I am in SPLENDID company!

So, you think he is on the Target Board of Directors, trying to stir up antipathy against their largest rival?

Could be! Stranger things have been happening here as of late.....

Actually, I think he works for Walmart and is trying to encourage RVers on this board to shop at Walmart. That makes more sense per the responses here... ๐Ÿ™‚

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
winnietrey wrote:
Not his first post, other posts have just dropped off, RV net. Googel his "screen name" you will find others

Umm.. what part of the English language did you not understand.

I MEANT the OP MADE ONE POST IN THIS THREAD..

The result is folks BICKERING about the OPs first post IN THIS THREAD.

Also since you brought it up, since you claim the OP has made "other" one hit wonder posts that would ALSO be a pretty good indication the OP posts just to stir things up..

As I said, folks just need to quit posting and allow the stupidity to drop into the abyss of the Internet floor..

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
winnietrey wrote:
Unfortunately, WPVR, I don't think it is a troll. if one Googles his name you can find his past posts. Seems like he went full time, couple years back. I suspect he has run out of money, as he states. And this is now his life. Which is fine, his life his choice.
Doesn't mean this isn't a troll post. I mean, I don't care what life choices you have made, but a thread about getting mad at Walmart because you can't live in their parking lot is either the rantings of a lunatic or a finely constructed bridge under which lives a troll.

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Not his first post, other posts have just dropped off, RV net. Googel his "screen name" you will find others

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
Can't we all just get along? the OP could move to some states and get a free college education.
bumpy

Folks, OP posted ONCE and only ONCE and that was the FIRST POST..

TEN PAGES and NO RESPONSE from the OP..

The OP was merely stirring the pot..

OP has completed their job and moved on.

AKA TROLLING..

Stop posting and allow the thread to drop into the abyss..

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, WPVR, I don't think it is a troll. if one Googles his name you can find his past posts. Seems like he went full time, couple years back. I suspect he has run out of money, as he states. And this is now his life. Which is fine, his life his choice.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Can't we all just get along? the OP could move to some states and get a free college education.
bumpy

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimedaniel wrote:
westernrvparkowner wrote:
down home wrote:
I'm not going to attempt to colorize the Gentleman's plight.
As an RVer we have seen way too much o what was created by Global Economics or Trickle Down economic. Early forced Retirements,fired laid off, no prospects too old, despite prohibitions on age as a consideration for employment.
Too many stories to lump them together. Wal Mart says you need to move. Move to somewhere else. I'm not sure where you might fit your skills and willingness to work. Perhaps at an RV Park. No pay but be a host for rent electricity and so on.
Looking for Employment is a job just like going to a job every day for.
On the Internet and newspapers every days setting appointments for next day or later for interviews. The best method is to make you resume and go to companies where you want to work, not ones that are advertising.
Everyone wants you to apply on line. However I would see how it works shoing up at HR looking for a job. May not be the best today, I don't know about this today's impersonal world They tell you not to call to check on your application.
I'm not sold on that even though I'm told I'm wrong. If someone wants the position enough to be persistent I may give him first look. Attitude and Presentation and Personal Appearance with intelligence and abilities to do the job works.
Turn job hunting into a job of regular routine, in the am looking for positions and making on line applications. Try to set up interviews as many as you can, for the next day and beyond. Quit at evening and take the load off by doing things you enjoy such as fishing. Anyone ask what your job is say looking for a position. Wash rinse repeat every day. Keep your attitude an d outlook up.
This guy has no "plight". This is either a troll (99.9 percent likely) or the guy just plain off his rocker. The road NEVER ends in Seguin TX. You only get there if you try. People who are looking for work, looking for solitude, looking for love, looking for inspiration, looking for the pot of gold at the end of rainbow do not go to Seguin.
It isn't about a lack of skills to find a job. If you can fog a mirror, you can get a job in Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and many other cities and towns in Texas. The same can be said for most cities and towns across the country. Though sometimes the media wishes to have you believe otherwise, 2017 is not like the Great Depression. There are not throngs of able bodied workers willing to take any position offered.
Maybe I would cut someone who is trapped in a decaying urban area, or trapped in rural West Virginia without the means to travel elsewhere some slack. But this guy paid cash for an RV. He says he has been traveling around the Seguin area, so he could just as easily traveled to somewhere that jobs are abundant. But like I posted earlier, if not a troll, he is one of the never satisfied, I feel sorry for myself and am too good to work my way out of whatever hole I have dug, people. Those people deserve nothing from anyone.

It amazes me the surety with which you wield your judgementalism, your classism and your ideas about someone you don't know,have never met and have no idea who you may actually be addressing. And you aren't the only one by far on this thread doing the same thing.

Once again instead of dealing with the subject of the post a few have turned this into nothing more than a smarmy online lynching of the person who wrote it. All that has been written may be true or not. But the OP is NOT the topic.

Our economy has been booming for years and the data prove it. Never the less it still is leaving many many folks behind and it takes two good incomes just to get by for many people. there is a conundrum here.

Whatever this persons (the OP) problems is it really appropriate for you or me to point them out in such a rude and denigrating way? No it is not.

While privately I may or may not agree with some of what I have read here and no matter how I may feel about the OP's actions or his post there is a line of civility and respect that has DEFINITELY been crossed here. Criticize ...Yes. But do it in a way that isn't personal and just plain mean-spirited.
Glad to see you want to criticize me for not sticking to the post, but at least in my first response I said I would not shop at the Seguin Walmart any time soon and wouldn't be boycotting all Walmarts. You never mentioned your intentions once. How is respecting someone who makes a ridiculous post (boycott Walmart because they don't allow homeless to stay in their parking lots) somehow honorable? I still am almost completely sure this is entirely a catfishing troll, but if not, giving him a swift kick in the behind would likely benefit him more than giving fawning flip service to his supposed plight.

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
Bet money that if i went into that Walmart your application would not be on file.

Best I've seen in a while.
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL