cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brake controller

pruittncrv
Explorer
Explorer
We have a beach camping trip coming up next week and wouldnt you know it my brake controler is acting up!! Hoping you guys can help. It is a Drawtite Activator II, I am getting an occasional error message. On my first and maybe second brake press the controller works as it should, but after that I get the error message and the trailer brakes do not work. Without the camper hooked up I get a . on the controller screen , the manual says this is correct, so I am only having a problem when camper is in tow. Any ideas? Is there a way to test it?
1999 Wilderness 27.5k
6 REPLIES 6

pruittncrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the tips, I will start today checking wires and looking for loose or damaged connections. Its funny, I just pulled the camper home after purchase about a month ago with no issues. Mark and Linda, headed to Ocean Lakes, I have family in Murfreesboro, TN!!!
1999 Wilderness 27.5k

wittmeba
Explorer
Explorer

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Prodigy P2, quick delivery from Etrailer.com. Where you going camping? We love the beach....
Mark

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Then throw the MaxBreak in the garbage and buy a motorhome!!!!

LOL..

OP.. Seriously, anything that is proportional will be much better than what you have now. BUT.....

If you are getting error messages on the break controller you have now you may have a short in the system somewhere. Start at the 7 pin socket itself and make sure nothing is inside of it. Then check for shorts, exposed wires, etc. THEN replace the break control with a better one.

Thanks!
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
donn0128 wrote:
Throw it in the garbage and buy a Prodigy.
Or start checking for shorts in your trailers brake wiring.

Then throw the Prodigy in the trash and get a MaxBrake! HA
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Throw it in the garbage and buy a Prodigy.
Or start checking for shorts in your trailers brake wiring.