Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bridge clearances

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an app or book telling the bridge clearances on particular route
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel
12 REPLIES 12

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
Trucker's atlas lists routes that are safe for 13'11".

Copilot RV allows you to put in your rig's dimensions (weight, width and height) and routes you around road that you shouldn't go on. We used this on our last trip and it kept us out of trouble a couple of times.

Trucker Path shows a bunch of stuff including low clearances.

Think you mean 13'6". That is the federal mandate height for unmarked bridges.

Yeah, but they seem to mark everything under 14' anyway, at least around here. If they made it 13'6" so they could save money on signs, it failed.

In a lot of states trucks hauling boats or cars that carry 1 on top of the truck get 14'.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
the poi factory has a good app

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, don't do like my friend. He had no experience hauling a fiver. Went under a low bridge and shaved both air conditioners off. Not a good day.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Against the warning of the GPS & MS S&Ts I detoured to cross a bridge over Erie Canal. Got to the single lane bridge & was faced with a height sign of 12'6". My spec height is 12'6". My installed Correct Track system adds 2" to trailer height.

UH OH! I proceeded. No hits but it must have been very very close. Next time I will heed GPS warnings.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Allstays Rv app has a filter to choose whatever height you want to be warned of.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
jplante4 wrote:

Copilot RV allows you to put in your rig's dimensions (weight, width and height) and routes you around road that you shouldn't go on. We used this on our last trip and it kept us out of trouble a couple of times.

Yeah, but they seem to mark everything under 14' anyway, at least around here. If they made it 13'6" so they could save money on signs, it failed.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
I use Goodsam, trip planner that has low bridge warning . .. Jim2007
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
jplante4 wrote:

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I remember back a few years ago, we had the photo shop at COSTCO in Montreal copy our photos and when we left I freaked when I couldn't convert the clearance from FPI to Metric and panicked. Little french speaking guy at the tunnel yelling at me in French that I should go straight. Now I have both Imperial and Metric clearances on the dash cowling.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
The "RV Parky" app allows you to input the height of your rig and will display warnings about low overpasses along your route..
2010 Suncruiser

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox