cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bugs on camper

muskrat_linnie_
Explorer
Explorer
does anyone have an easy way to get bugs off the front of your camper? I scrub them off with a brush and water and they are tough to remove. I try to get them off as soon as we return from a camping trip. The longer you let them set the harder they are to remove. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Gryphonguy
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on dryer sheets. Works every time for me!
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2005 Jayco Jayflight 29BHS

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
My wife quilts so I use small pieces of batting and then use Gojo hand cleaner. Takes bugs and WAX off.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
It is called the Love Bug Eraser. You can get it at:

http://www.lovebugeraser.com/
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

muskrat_linnie_
Explorer
Explorer
what is the brand name of the green pad and where can you get it

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I use a green pad that is specifically made to remove bugs without scratching the paint. I have tried the solvents and they do not work as well as the pad. All I do is get the pad wet and scrub the bugs off.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
I've used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover with great success. Spray it on, let it sit for about a minute, and the bugs, road tar & grime wipe right off.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

muskrat_linnie_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the info. Will try some of them

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Thetford (I think) makes "Bug Off" and it works wonders, Spray it on, wait for a couple of minutes and wipe them off and rinse!!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Put Rejex on the front of the RV, bugs will wash off with a hose.Used on private planes all the time.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We remove bugs from our front cap at every campground stop. We use a small bucket (less than a gallon) and our RV brush. We always ask permission and have never been denied. We never get out the hose to do this. Prompt removal is essential for easy bug removal. We also use Rejex on the front cap and that also helps.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
If you're heading out for a massive trip (like our 9000+ mile drive to Alaska and back) - you can always buy some Transit Shield and cover the bug-prone areas.

Transit Shield is like heavy, adhesive-backed saran wrap. It's what they cover new cars with on the car hauler trailers. It's impossible to put on smoothly, IMO - I sure couldn't get it on so it was completely smooth. But I didn't care - at the end of the journey, I pulled it off and about 90 lbs of bug guts went with it ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
KID2TEXAS wrote:
What I have used is dryer sheets with warm water and it works pretty good, or on long trips I will spray with PAM so they wipe off easy and the end of the trip.
Hope that helps.

can you elaborate? like you get some pam original and lube up the cap? wipe it down, or let a thin layer dry?
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

KID2TEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
What I have used is dryer sheets with warm water and it works pretty good, or on long trips I will spray with PAM so they wipe off easy and the end of the trip.
Hope that helps.
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Amarillo Special Edition 4 X 4 & 6.0 PSD,
2015 Columbus 320 RS
Me, a Wife and two crazy kids that are to cool to go anymore :B
Golf cart that matches the Amarillo truck.