cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California- Central Coast - Vandenberg AFB

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
Host needed at beautiful central California at Vandenberg AFB. Time needed is from May 15 through September 15. Very quiet 69 site Famcamp RV park with a tent area. Very flexible work schedule with the other Camp Host. Usual switch week on, week off. FHU (50 amp)for very easy duties of greeting and checking in guest after duty hours (4 to 10 p.m.)and on Saturday's and Sunday's. All completed from your Rv. No office duties, no cleaning, no reservations, just keep an eye on the park, walking the park to take inventory of sites, informing guest of rules, and locking up the lounges at 10 p.m. The beach is about 7 minutes with some of the prettiest walking beaches in the world. Must have military base access such a Retired Military, or DOD ID. Local area includes Santa Maria, Lompoc, Solvang, Pismo Beach, San Luis Obisbo, Santa Barbara. MUST be customer service oriented.

So send that resume and come spend the summer in sunny Central California.

Edwina Williams
Outdoor Recreation Manager / ITT Manager
Outdoor Recreation -Bldg 10250
Vandenberg AFB, CA 93437
edwina.williams@us.af.mil
805-606-5908 (ODR Phone)
DSN: 276-5908
805-606-7976 (ITT Phone)
DSN: 276-7976
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua
6 REPLIES 6

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
Ok guys, We still need someone for this awesome opportunity for the summer. May through September. We have a great place to stay for the summer, so come be a camp host here on the central coast. The weather is great.

Thanks, good luck
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua

galtgirl
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds great. We will be ready in 2015. DH is USN retired. We will keep this in mind.
John and Carol Beckman
USN SKC RET (him) RN (her)
Lola & Ava the French Bulldogs
Sacramento, CA

2015 Heartland Bighorn
2017 Silverado 3500 HD High Country

slborba
Explorer
Explorer
I have been to this FAMCAMP....awesome place to stay. I just wish my retirement was this year, I would take this in a heart beat. I retire from 30 years USN active service in 3 years....hopefully an opportunity like this is available then.

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
I believe so. If you're eligble to stay there, then you would be eligle to host there. I don't think you will have commissary and BX privilges, here the off base big box stores have the same things. Good Luck
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Are FAMCAMP jobs/volunteer positions available to retired DoD Civilians? I am not ready yet, but will be retiring soon after 30 yrs of DoD Civilian service. Have visited several as a civilian and previously as a milspouse, and would love to volunteer at them.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody have any questions or just curious about this assignment. This is a good deal for a retiree. It can be done by one partner or split between the couple. Jon
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua