Camper Thieves Surprised

antiquedrose
Explorer
Explorer
9 REPLIES 9

4x4Bob
Explorer
Explorer
When I read that the Police talked to the woman then turned her loose I was really surprised. What happen to the laws on criminal accomplice to the crime.

I guess she told Police that the nice man stopped just few minutes ago and gave her a ride. That she had not noticed shots being fired and red lights coming down the road when she got into the vehicle.

Bob
2001 2500 Silverado LS 4x4 6.0, 4.10
2007 Jayco Eagle 288RLS
Cocktails for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2
--------------------
End of dirt road, no signs in sight, sun going down: I am not lost, just getting ready to go camping.

artguys
Explorer
Explorer
High rate of speed???that's the speed limit for most of that distance traveled on 321. They do have a prison just down the road north of Dayton. Media hype but not a uncommon happening in these parts.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I literally laughed out loud when i read the details. Yeeee Haaaa lotsa horse poo poo and gun smoke. Only in the wild west.

Just proves that Darwin has a lot of work to do yet. :B

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I would want to shoot the driver? I would have just kept the dispatcher aware of where we were and if law enforcement wasn't there when we stopped the driver would have a big surprise when he opened the TT door.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Best thing to do is continue to inform the dispatcher so that more patrol vehicles can respond, more chanses of aprhending the perp.

They can run but they will never outrun MOTOROLA.

If the owner had been trown out of the trailer at that speed the chanses of surviving are slim to none.

navegator

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, better to shoot through the front of the trailer, it is only thin plywood and foam insulation, so the bullets will hardly slow down as they go through. Might not work well with a 22, but anything much larger, and it will go through the pickup pretty well!

Hopefully they will find the pickup owner. Surprised that they did not hold the passenger for not trying to end the chase by shutting off the key sooner. And it is kidnapping when they realized they has a unwanted passenger that they took along for the ride. Better to stop and abandon your truck attached to the stolen trailer than face a kidnapping charge!

The deputies could have said to the female "You need to have Mr. owner of the pickup come down here to post your bail" - they guy might have shown up, they are not that bright.. .

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Surprised he was hanging out the door to shoot. Just shoot through front of trailer. If you've never tried it, you'd be SHOCKED how easily rounds pass through even a mobile home's walls ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
And we had quite a discussion about it......LINK
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That was on the news last week.