cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping Altercations?

code3run
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking for short stories of any camping altercation you have ever had with other campers? Just thought it would be fun to read thru them.
2008 ATTITUDE 21AK
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 lit

01 Yamaha yz 125

2 boys 13 and 16
a wife
a dog named Dusty
161 REPLIES 161

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
Shot-N-Az wrote:
Ok, after reading these stories, does anyone still wonder why there are class A-only resorts with 10 year age limits on motorhomes?

Based on some of the last comments I am glad I have never been to the Class A only 10 year rule resort. Like they somehow never do such things? I would rather live in the real world than live in an imaginary world where I think I am somehow better than others.

Thank you

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
๐Ÿ™‚ :R
LOL that was insane to read ๐Ÿ™‚

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Neither a real 'altercation' but one definitely is burned into my eyeballs forever!

Pulled into a real nice CG for a 1 month stay to grab the discount and get some maintenace on my RV and supplies.

I have my own rule of not staying at CG's when I am traveling that have permanent residents. Along the outskirts of this CG were just 2 permanent residents. How bad could that be? So I checked in for the month.

The first morning there I came out to have my morning cup of coffee to the view of the backside of a person with an outrageous red/purple wig on, tank top, mini-mini-mini skirt bending over watering the plants just about full moon to me..........it was man!

Next morning a nice couple walked by and politely said hi and kept on walking. Later that afternoon the woman was walking her dog and stopped and came up on my site where I was sitting. I started to say hi how are you, but she cut me off with, "I am part cherokee and I can slit your throat in heartbeat", and kept on walking! :E

I used to have rule that if the CG had more than 10 resident campers I would NOT stay there.

I NOW have a rule that I will only stay at CG's with absolutely NO residents. :C

2 for 2 go figure!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I said way back that I never had any.

had one last trip ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

small, but it was the darn dogs again.

walked my little dog by and whammo, out came 2 hotdogs growling and charging mine. I picked my little one up and ready to kick the offenders. but my voice stopped them. no collars on them.

I told the gal who rushed out from the site---'please don't let them loose the whole week. I am here for the week and want to walk safely around the cg.' I got a smirk and a shrug and not anything more than that.

2 days later, attakced by same mutts. 'some guy' not the same gal, came out and apologized but I said...'leash them NOW and he said 'YEA they should be'. DUH DUH and one more DUH. went to camp host who called rangers.

dogs never loose again. THEN when driving out to go out to eat passing the cg site, I saw the owners carrying one dog to the car. geez, get a leash LOL and learn how to walk your mutts.

people. who knows. some are just plain azz stupid and no fixing it I can see.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
ol Bombero-JC wrote:

Since you're new here....going off topic on "packing" will get the thread shut down pretty quickly.

It's right up there with politics and religion...:W

~

Sorry. In the future I'll avoid the subject like the plague...

I've been a member of aviation forums for a few years and there are similar hot-button topics there.

High wing vs. low wing (analogous to DP vs. gas)
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Fortunately in our almost 20 years of camping, we've never had an altercation with another camper. I've had campers annoy me from time to time, but never worth getting upset about.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Strange, I've read all 16 pages and didn't see any altercation worse than the ones I've had with my next door neighbor (A.K.A. The Clampetts) at home. Maybe RVers are a different breed.

However, I'm new to this and I'm sure my turn will come.

This thread did touch on one topic I've been wondering about - packing. Is it a good idea? We just do weekend trips and the occasional 2 week trip somewhere now, but we plan to hit the road eventually. I think it's cheap insurance, but the other half really isn't keen on carrying. Or maybe I'll just join the NRA and put their window sticker next to the one that came with my Bad Boy horn...

Since you're new here....going off topic on "packing" will get the thread shut down pretty quickly.

It's right up there with politics and religion...:W

~

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
There has been 10,323 views and yet only a 153 posts. Camping Altercations must not be much of a problem. Certainly not an epidemic. Or maybe it just doesn't bother people that much to post their worst story.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I had my share of run ins with tweakers and what not but 4th of July took the cake.This is what happened in our camp. Really messed up situation. http://www.khq.com/story/25960177/man-shot-at-shoshone-county-campsite

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Strange, I've read all 16 pages and didn't see any altercation worse than the ones I've had with my next door neighbor (A.K.A. The Clampetts) at home. Maybe RVers are a different breed.

However, I'm new to this and I'm sure my turn will come.

This thread did touch on one topic I've been wondering about - packing. Is it a good idea? We just do weekend trips and the occasional 2 week trip somewhere now, but we plan to hit the road eventually. I think it's cheap insurance, but the other half really isn't keen on carrying. Or maybe I'll just join the NRA and put their window sticker next to the one that came with my Bad Boy horn...
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Bethany_Carolin
Explorer
Explorer
Several years back we took our C to a tractor & engine show in IL. RV parking was in an open, huge, field. We were just about the first ones there. The next day a C pulled in RIGHT beside us, about 3' back from our front wheels & when they pulled their awning out-about 2' away from the driver side of our C. We had planned to run the generator for a/c when it got too hot. We went over within minutes of them pulling in & told them they might want to have more space between us for we are going to run the generator. OH NO, it's just fine, your generator running will be just fine. A couple hours later, we asked them again to move away. OH NO, everything will be just fine. Ok, we ran the generator=their co2 alarm was going off, they're gone, we were given bad nasty looks when they saw us. WE apologized for the smell, good ole' generator noise & settin' off their alarm. Why, I don't know-we warned them. They said nothing. We left early. They were smoking their cigs & their smoke was coming in our dinette window. And the man must have had jock rot because he couldn't keep his hands out of his pants. I have since figured out they pulled in that way, cause they used our camper as their shade. ๐Ÿ™‚

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
after reading through the thread again I can see why people don't need a TV. There is nothing on it that can compare to what happens around you in a campground. It actually gets boring at times when you are boondocking by yourself.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
One problem we had was at a state park in Texas and we had a small class A motorhome. We were set up and enjoying the peace and quiet when two women with a total of 5 kids moved in next to use. They had tents. We were expecting a lot of noise due to the kids.

The kids were relatively quiet and were in bed by 9 PM. The two women sat at the campfire and drank once the kids were bedded down. About 11 PM I turned on the porch light and stuck my head out the door giving the stink-eye look. At midnight they were still going strong and getting louder.

I turned on the lights on their side of the motorhome and in a loud voice announced to them that the slumber party was over and quiet time was from 11 PM until 7 AM. Never heard another word from them.

The next day, they were looking a bit rough around the edges fixing breakfast for the kids.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr wrote:
John & Angela wrote:
lizzie wrote:
I have witnessed some amazing domestic altercations during my camping years, especially back when most everyone camped in tents. The worst was the night the parents got into a alcohol induced screaming match and one of the kids walked into the campfire. They were too drunk to drive so my husband had to take the boy to the hospital. The saddest was a night of canoe camping when we learned there had been a fatality in the group behind us on the river. lizzie

And this is why I prefer the neighbours to smoke a little weed when they are looking for a little buzz. After a while they get the munchies, then the giggles, maybe followed by a little paranoia and finally off to bed feeling romantic and relaxed. Never violent. Sigh...when will prohibition end. :).

Nothing like camping with a bunch of drug heads:R

Nice troll, though ๐Ÿ˜‰

Troll no. (Seriously) I was agreeing with you. I don't like druggies camping next to me either whatever there choice of drug. But if they are I prefer they use marijuana which is a drug that tends to have less violent effects than the drug alcohol. Just had too many alcohol induced situations (including one where a young lady lost her life) happen around us by otherwise nice people. The ones smokin weed are always mellower. Agreed though, drugs in general are a kill joy for camping...and that includes alcohol. Just doesn't make sense to me to have prohibition on one drug and not the other.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.