cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Communication

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
What is customary regarding communication with a future employer. We have been verbally hired for the 2015 summer season with very little communication, as exact time for us to arrive, special instructions and etc.

Thoughts?
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.
8 REPLIES 8

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
4X4Dodger wrote:
blkdodge wrote:
What is customary regarding communication with a future employer. We have been verbally hired for the 2015 summer season with very little communication, as exact time for us to arrive, special instructions and etc.

Thoughts?

I would never take any position unless I had it in writing: Send a polite e mail asking that they put the terms of the employment in writing with all details and e mail it to you.

They will immediately realize that you are a careful and deliberate type and that this will protect them as well as you...I've never had a company refuse such a request.

Hear, Hear!
Good paper makes good relationships!
Avoid the memory file, it isn't very accurate!
Vic
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
blkdodge wrote:

Thoughts?

I would never take any position unless I had it in writing: Send a polite e mail asking that they put the terms of the employment in writing with all details and e mail it to you.

They will immediately realize that you are a careful and deliberate type and that this will protect them as well as you...I've never had a company refuse such a request.

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
I have remained email and phone contact, I usually get very nice replies. But nothing is ever flowed through. Maybe they are extremely busy, I don't know. Could be that I expect to much, not quite the way I'm used to working. This is my first workamper job so I just don't know what to expect.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Also find out how many hours and days you'll be working. We were told we'd be working 15 hrs/week but we failed to ask about the day thing. Turns out they wanted us to work 3 hrs/day/5 days a week....never again....that's like a "real" job, only with no pay....Dennis
Its like being relied on for 3 hrs a day for 5 days! Fifteen hours in a week is a job??? That's ranks right about there for charity work.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also find out how many hours and days you'll be working. We were told we'd be working 15 hrs/week but we failed to ask about the day thing. Turns out they wanted us to work 3 hrs/day/5 days a week....never again....that's like a "real" job, only with no pay....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to the post above, when you're set, make sure you send a hand written thank you note via first class mail.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Although we only volunteer and often a year out we, I should say DW, maintains email contact with the VC at the particular location. It is good to know when you are expected to arrive.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Send an email thanking them and request information you need so you may being planning.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee