cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Convection oven exhaust?

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer AC already has a difficult time keeping up with the heat but the convection oven dumping all the hot fan exhaust into the cabin makes it particularly rough and doesn't make sense to me. Is this what it is supposed to do?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
22 REPLIES 22

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
I agree with others that I wouldn't do much cooking in this heat, but something's wrong with your unit if it's venting indoors.

Go outside and pull off the vent cover and see if anything is blocked or diverted.

Not all units have an outside vent for the range hood, just as not all have a gravity fill for the water tank. Mine, for instance, has neither. The hood fan sucks air through a thin little grease filter and then distributes it right back under the hood. It's excellent if you want to add a lot of irksome background noise to your cooking, but not very useful otherwise.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Many of the new units do not have a thru wall vent. The microwave just filters the air and redistributes it inside the rv. We bought a larger conv/toaster oven and set it up outside when we camp in hot locations. Keeps all the extra heat out of the TT.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

dedmiston
I agree with others that I wouldn't do much cooking in this heat, but something's wrong with your unit if it's venting indoors.

Go outside and pull off the vent cover and see if anything is blocked or diverted.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Learn to use the bbq as an oven.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Dude, I don't bake cookies or cook a pot roast in the house when it's hot out. I sure as he!! wouldn't use the oven in a camper if the AC was already struggling. Convection or not. (unless I really needed a Tombstone pizza at 2am!)
RVs aren't homes, they're campers that have gotten people so soft, they have already forgotten 90% of their actual first world problems and are moving on to the most insignificant issues....

But the oven is a great idear when its snowing out!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
Is the stove under the cook top? If it is. Turn on the exhaust vent fan.

They exhaust fan just seems to filter but also blows back into the space but the convection oven is part of the microwave. I donโ€™t think the trailer has any outside exhaust.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the stove under the cook top? If it is. Turn on the exhaust vent fan.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some are made that way. Best to avoid or minimize using heat generating appliances indoors when itโ€™s hot out. When you need to use them, at least crack a vent to allow the heat to rise out.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73