cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

COVERS AND GUTTER EXTENSIONS

DRM796
Explorer II
Explorer II
What do you do to prevent the gutter extensions from poking a whole in a cover? If the answer is to take them off, then how do they come off? Has anybody tried putting tennis balls over the end of them?

Thanks
2019 Alpine 3700
2016 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Duramax
2012 Wildcat 313RE traded in 5/2018
14 REPLIES 14

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
popeyemth wrote:
TNRIVERSIDE wrote:
So if I use tennis balls how do you get them to stay on? I don't want duck tape residue on my TT.

You don't put a hole in the ball use a razor knife and cut an X shove the extension in the center of the X and the rubber grips it enought to get a cover on the trailer.
Good Luck, Mike

Thanks for the information. I will give this a try.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
If you still have warranty on your camper I would check and see if they will still cover you if the cover causes a problem.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
my toys wrote:
I cut up a pool noodle to use for all the sharp places. You can cut to fit any shape. Wrapped tape around it for a nice snug fit.
X3
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
TNRIVERSIDE wrote:
So if I use tennis balls how do you get them to stay on? I don't want duck tape residue on my TT.

You don't put a hole in the ball use a razor knife and cut an X shove the extension in the center of the X and the rubber grips it enought to get a cover on the trailer.
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Covering my TT is a real PITA. These things just are not made to cover them. If I won the lotto I would move to where I could park the RV in a garage. The ADCO cover video makes it look so easy,lol. I really just need to cover one side and the rear from the sun damage.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I've used golf "wiffle balls" on our gutter spouts for 4 years now and they seem to work fine. cut a rectangular cutout for a snug fit on the spout. Seems to protect the cover fine.

Others have used tennis balls with equal success.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

3_0charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Tennis balls for the gutters, pool noodles everywhere else needed. 2nd year on the cover, not a tear in sight.
John, DW and 4 kids.
2013 Kodiak 263RLSL
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid

Ol__Gold
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the pool noodles.
2001 F350 7.3 4X4 with some aftermarket stuff.
2013 Arctic Fox 990 with some nice updates.
1993 Duckworth jet sled AKA "TheDandyDuck" with some fish killing features.
1997 Seadoo GTX, 1996 Kawasaki 1100ZXI both with some faster goodies added.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I take off my add on extensions then i wrap bubble wrap around them. Haven't worn a hole in them yet!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

my_toys
Explorer
Explorer
I cut up a pool noodle to use for all the sharp places. You can cut to fit any shape. Wrapped tape around it for a nice snug fit.
2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Nancy-USAF Veteran; Dear Hubby Joe-USAF Retired

Why do we have to push 1 for English?

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Sunshield tarp and don't have this problem although we have the clip on gutter extensions.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Last camper I had I put extended gutter spouts on each corner. Well, they punched holes through the cover. So, after that I didn't worry about it any more. I just made sure the gutter spouts always went in the holes every year after that. Well, eventually I quite using the cover completely. Still have it, but have a different camper now with no intention of getting a cover for this camper.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
The gutter extensions are only some of the things that will rip or wear holes in your cover. Before I cover my RV, I go around the side and then the top wrapping things like bathroom vents, TV antennas, gutter extensions, awning ends, bumper corners, etc. I bought a bag of shop towels at Costco and I use masking tape to hold the towels in place.

Eric
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar