cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cricket golf carts

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a video that shows a Cricket golf cart being loaded in the back of a Honda CRV. That looks pretty cool, and I'm wondering if it is worth hauling one around. Do any full timers use a Cricket, and haul it in your toad? Do they hold up well, and get you around without bogging down?
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad
20 REPLIES 20

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
Crickets are great! I have owned two over the last several years. They are reasonably priced, hold up well and very useful. I do not use RVing. I live on a lake. I have a dock over 200 feet long. I use mine to haul stuff out to boat or just running around the area. They are made by a company in Augusta, Georgia, the gold cart manufacturing capital of the world. Both big manufacturers like Club Car and ?? are in Augusta.,
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
very cool-- it becomes such an easy to haul cart. weight is like 300 so it is light to boot ๐Ÿ™‚ I like it. I have no experience with one but speed is like 8-10 and I would think it wouldn't be 'too quick' and like MrWizard said it 'seems' more like a mobility cart to me but can be used by everyone for whatever. Sure could be useful to many!

MrWizard
i wouldn't call the cricket a golf car
they don't
it is more of a Mobility device
will carry (2) people i think
OR
1 person and Groceries

i think they are neat idea
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
No full-timers in our 'circle' used a golf cart. We didn't stay in those kinds of parks.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I heard there is something about one model can be classified as a handicap cart, the other model can't. If this is an issue, might want to check that out.

My neighbor has one, and it loaded just fine into their vehicle. Another here in the park has lasted a long time.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We seen one of these at Windcreek SP in Alabama last week, didn't know what it was at the time. Walk by the couple's coach and couldn't figure out how they were hauling it, their toad was a CRV. After watching the video it now makes sense.

I'll have to go check one out. Would fit nicely in our Odyssey.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian