cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dded a new toy to the RV fun equation...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ever since I replaced my old folding motorcycle trailer with a nice 6 X 10' cargo trailer a year ago I have been searching for the perfect buggy to take off road. Finally found it and brought it home today:

It is a 2017 Polaris RZR 570 and comes with just 1,700 miles, and all of the bells and whistles {power steering, roof, storage bags - rear and overhead, 5 brand new tires and two years remaining on the extended- transferable warranty} in pristine, dare I say mint condition. Fits like a glove in the cargo trailer and tows like a dream.

Picked it up from a fellow senior citizen who had one too many buggies at a great price. Can't wait to start exploring some of the more remote locations and reexplore the likes of Moab, Sedona and the southern Rockies to name just a few.

:B
16 REPLIES 16

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
discovery4us wrote:
Very nice. We absolutely love our 800 rzr. I am jealous of the fact you can ride right out of the driveway. Haven't done much to ours in the way of upgrades but we added doors and love them.

I finally got out and rode over to Rail X Ranch which is just 1.5 miles from my driveway. At 0830 it was deserted and I rode for 10 miles to the base of the Tortillita mountains without seeing a soul.

The main "road" for lack of a better term wanders through the high Sonoran Desert crossing at least a dozen washes and there are lots of small roads and two tracks that lead off in every direction so I will have a lot of exploring to do. It looks to be more than 100 square miles.

We are leaving in the morning hauling the RZR in the cargo trailer behind our Class C going up to the Mogollon Rim for 4 days. At 7,700' it should be nice and cool and there about a dozen lakes to found down the many Forrest Service dirt roads for us to explore. Might even do the ride down to the tiny town of Young northeast of Roosevelt Lake.

Too much fun!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Nice rzr and great setup!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
No worries and thanks for your concern. This one has been maintained by the local dealer since day one and the original owner popped for the 5 year extended warranty - 2.5 years of which is still running and for a $50 fee I can transfer the coverage. The seller took $50 off of his price to cover that cost for me.

Just finished installing the plate as I got it registered today. Registratioin cost me a whopping $46.50 and there is no sales tax o n private party transactions in Arizona...Ya gotta love that!

I am now legal on or off road anywhere in the US and have added another handicapped plate to my collection {I have the worst knee in Arizona}.

:C

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
RedRocket204 wrote:
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and hopefully this isn't, but you might want to bring your Rzr in for an inspection and recall check. Over the past handful of years, Polaris has had a lot of different recalls, some being very serious and "Stop Ride" notices. I do not recall the 570 having the serious fire issues... but be safe and make sure everything is checked out first. Should also be fairly easy for you to have your exact model/VIN researched to know if there are any missing recalls.

Again, sorry if this seems like I'm raining on your parade as it's not meant to, just be safe!
Why would this be bad news? You bring it to a dealer, they fix it, no charge end of story. Wouldn't stop me from buying one.

B.O.

Well, you're right as it's a safety thing but I didn't want to come off as "raining on his/her parade". But the other thing to know is that there have been some continued issues with Polaris finding an acceptable fix for the overheating problems which has resulted in very lengthy "Stop Ride" notices. A friend has had that with his Rzr 900.
I love me some land yachting

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
RedRocket204 wrote:
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and hopefully this isn't, but you might want to bring your Rzr in for an inspection and recall check. Over the past handful of years, Polaris has had a lot of different recalls, some being very serious and "Stop Ride" notices. I do not recall the 570 having the serious fire issues... but be safe and make sure everything is checked out first. Should also be fairly easy for you to have your exact model/VIN researched to know if there are any missing recalls.

Again, sorry if this seems like I'm raining on your parade as it's not meant to, just be safe!
Why would this be bad news? You bring it to a dealer, they fix it, no charge end of story. Wouldn't stop me from buying one.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer

I love me some land yachting

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. We absolutely love our 800 rzr. I am jealous of the fact you can ride right out of the driveway. Haven't done much to ours in the way of upgrades but we added doors and love them.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics, thanks so much for sharing!
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
folivier wrote:
Nice! I have a 2013 570 that fits into the bed of my extended cab Silverado and then towed behind my motorhome. Have been on some great rides all over.
Since you're in Arizona get it licensed for the streets. IIRC all you need are a horn, turn signals, and rearview mirror.
Enjoy!

Thanks! the original owner had it set up and licensed as street legal, 3 mirrors, a horn and arm signals eliminate the turn signal requirement. I am going to the DMV this morning to register it and get my plate. Our home, about 25 miles north of Tucson is located between two of the great off road riding areas here in southern Arizona, Rail X Ranch and the Charleau Gap. I can be in off road heaven in about 2 minutes without even loading the trailer.

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! I have a 2013 570 that fits into the bed of my extended cab Silverado and then towed behind my motorhome. Have been on some great rides all over.
Since you're in Arizona get it licensed for the streets. IIRC all you need are a horn, turn signals, and rearview mirror.
Enjoy!

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
PartyOf Five wrote:
Looks like you'll have plenty of fun! Where all did you search for these, besides Craigslist?
We're thinking to add a cargo trailer; what else do you carry on/ on it please?

The internet makes the search/research fiarly easy, Google is your friend. When researching the cargo trailer I visited several dealerships both local and nationwide chains {Big Tex} and ultimately ended up buying from an RV dealer in Mesa. "Little Dealer Little Prices {I kid you not, that is their name :R }.

I switched to a cargo trailer from the folding Kendon when I moved up to my Indian Springfield as at 862# was just too much for the Kendon. Also I was looking for all the advantages of having my own private traveling garage everywhere I went. With the cargo I can move a lot of bulky RV stuff out of our 24'C and back into the trailer {chairs, site rug, BBQ, Firepit, LP Cylinder etc}.

E Track now makes joist hangers for any size of 2" X {4,6,8}. I used them to run two 2 X 6"s acrosss the front of the trailer and added a 3/4" shelf to the top one. The bottom one secures the BBQ, Firepit LP cylinder etc. Painted the interior and added a coat rack and 4,500 miles later it is all working pretty well.

I do have to watch the loading as a single axle trailer like mine will have more tongue weight than a tandem but the GVWR of the cargo being 2,990 provides ample capacity. With the bike and camping gear fully loaded the trailer weighs 2,220#. The RZR adds about 200# to that though I haven't had a chance to get to the CAT scale yet but will shortly.

Here is a shot taken last January on the Colorado River at Buckskin Mountain SP:

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
NO NO , he backs everywhere he goes !

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
Based on my experience with directional truck tires and tractor tires, they are mounted backwards. They just need to be switched from one side to the other

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it just me? Every time I look at this picture it just screams "Tire is Backwards". Am I crazy?